Acer E1 572G Microphone not working.

Options
shahid_siz
shahid_siz Member Posts: 1 New User

Hi All,

My laptop (aspire e1 572G) microphone is not working. Neither build-in microphone nor ever external headset microphones. Speaker is working fine. I'm just facing problem with Microphone. I tried wired & wireless headphones microphone, but it didn't work. I even tried uninstalling/installing, updating, and downgrading the sound driver but it didn't fix this issue. Please help.

Thank You!

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,561 Trailblazer
    Options

Right click speaker icon in tray. Click open sound settings. Click sound control panel in right pane. Choose recording tab. Post a screenshot of result if possible.

Jack E/NJ

• ragsak28
    ragsak28 Ally Posts: 677
    Options

Hi @shahid_siz

If you have tried to reinstall the drivers then you can try to do a reset to check if that makes any difference.

Check the above link to do a reset.

NOTE: Make sure to backup all the data before the reset.

Hope it will help you in some way.

• Hilary4664
    Hilary4664 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

After trying everything else, I did a reset and that worked. Bit drastic and time consuming but microphone now works and headphones are recognised on plug in. Thank you

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,561 Trailblazer
    Options

Thanks for your report. As a pre-caution, make sure System Protection is turned on in Control Panel's restore point app. That way, if an errant update caused the issue, then you can undo the errant update to avoid a time-consuming reset.

Jack E/NJ