Acer XC-885-ES13 Wake on LAN via 5ghz wifi? The thing still wont wake on lan from the router.

Options
eastavin
eastavin Member Posts: 12

Tinkerer

Hi. Can anyone recommend the settings that will cause an Acer XC-885-ES13 desktop to wake on lan using 5GHZ wifi? I have disabled the deep sleep in the bios, checked that wake on lan is enabled for the wifi properties for the wifi connection. These are typical things the internet says need to be done. There is nothing in the user manual for this pc. The thing still wont wake on lan from the router or from another device on the network. Any thoughts on what I have forgot?

Many thanks.

Edward

[Edited the thread to add model name to the title and issue detail]

Answers

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 8,469 Trailblazer
    Options

Enable "Wake on Magic Carpet" If enabled, this setting wakes the computer from a sleep state when it receives a Magic Packet from a sending computer. (Device manager, Adapter Properties, Advanced settings).

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 8,469 Trailblazer
    Options

There is also an option in BIOS after you press Ctrl+S (Sierra): Turn on that Wake on LAN (WoL) option.

• Commodore_1995#
    Options

He needs to activate the WAKE ON WLAN option in the bios.

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :)