What is the fan size I need for the Acer Aspire TC 1760 Case

yosef99
yosef99 Member Posts: 25 Enthusiast WiFi Icon

What is the fan size I need for the Acer Aspire TC 1760 case? I see there are several sets of holes for fan mounting.

Also there is a 4 pin metal connector (named sys fan 1) in one corner of MOBO. ..that has to be for a fan.

The problem: I haven't seen a connector like that in a long time (I think I remember 4 pin mlex connectors for 3.5 drive power?) back in the day…

Most of the fans I see online are 120mm (about 5") ; I think that's considered "normal". Their connector are Molex, but don't look right to match the pins on MOBO.

I'm receiving My Acer on Wednesday, and was hoping to get ahead of the game. Any help is appreciated!

[Edited the thread to add model name to the title and issue detail]

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,445 Trailblazer

Measure the different mounting holes that are on the back empty space for a case fan on the TC-1760, that is the easiest way to find the proper fan size, as its shown below, you can put different size case fans as Acer has different mounting holes, the TC-1760 SG only shows the below fans and their part numbers.

This the SYS_FAN1 PLUG - System cooling fan connector and its at the top left corner of the motherboard

• yosef99

OK…you said what I said!

I don't get the PC until wednesday, so I can't measure distance.

• yosef99

Thank you for your response. I understand about the sizing. I can find plenty of right sized fans both on Amazon and Ebay.

What I am having the most problem with is the connector on the fan to fit the 4 pins on the motherboard:

"and are compatible with your motherboard's fan control software" …This is what I'm talking about!

I will try Pepta.com. Thanks again.

• yosef99

Johns. : I looked it up…Pepita.com is just an european Ebay…no help there, as I'm sure I can't afford the postage.

Got any ideas for a brand name with that connector on it? Stevegen suggested some Acer fans, but would prefer to get some generic fans as the brand names are always more expensive and for ME, that is an issue I must consider.

• yosef99

Last chapter on the fan: I went and looked for it on Amazon, this time used the word Aspire case fan, and got this:

"Noctua NF-P12 redux-1700 PWM, High Performance Cooling Fan, 4-Pin, 1700 RPM (120mm, Grey)"

And the connector looks right!!!! This is 15 + tax, not bad. Still looking, hoping to find a cheaper one.

Thanks for everyone's help!

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,421 Trailblazer

Just wait to order until after you have measured. There are several 'standard' sizes. :)

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • yosef99

120mm is the size I need.

• IanLatham962
    IanLatham962 Member Posts: 3 New User
  • yosef99

Yes it did…but I returned the computer…Not currently an acer user.

• BeerNecessities
    BeerNecessities Member Posts: 4 New User

I just installed a fan 92mm for the outside screws. 92 mm is the total width of fan. The holes side by side is a lower measurement. So this Acer Aspire TC-1760 takes a 92 mm fan.