Acer VG240YS Monitor freeze when I switch to 165hz it freezes all the time

Nyon
Nyon Member Posts: 2 New User
edited May 2023 in Monitors

I have this problem with my monitor about a month ago, the screen from the monitor freezes and only the upper part of the screen works (3cm ) and after some time it switches back to normal when I switch the hz to lower from 165hz to 144hz so it's fine again but it was only for about a month then it started happening again now when i switch to 165hz it freezes all the time when i have it at 144hz it freezes once every 5 min please help me thank you

[Edited the thread to add issue detail and model name]

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,640 Trailblazer

Usually that's caused by using a cable that can't handle the higher frequencies well. Try a better cable.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Nyon
    Nyon Member Posts: 2 New User

i have some hdmi but also a DP which came with the monitor, should i buy a new DP?

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,640 Trailblazer

We are going to need more information. Which monitor model do you have? What are you connecting it to (computer model and GPU)? Many monitor models support the higher refresh rates with DP but do not with HDMI.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • mcrudyx
    mcrudyx Member Posts: 2 New User

I'm having the exact same issue as Nyon. It is an Acer VG240YS Monitor which supports upto 165hz. The issue started with the DP cable initially which caused the same constant screen freeze except for the top most part. Later on, I'm completely not able to use the DP cable because of the constant screen freezes and have switched to a HDMI cable and have downgraded to 144hz. The problem still is not fixed. Any fixes? Should I get a new DP cable? Could there be a problem on the ports itself?

• mcrudyx
    mcrudyx Member Posts: 2 New User
    edited May 2023

Pictures of above comment

GPU: GTX 1050

The screen is absolutely fine when i use the same cable to connect to my other monitor.

• Dblackstar
    Dblackstar Member Posts: 1 New User

did anything helped ? having same problem