Acer Aspire E5-575G 53VG Backlit Keyboard no longer working

BlueEyeDanger
BlueEyeDanger Member Posts: 4 New User
edited May 2023 in Aspire Laptops

Hey everyone! Hoping somone here might be able to help me. I have a Acer Aspire E5-575G 53VG. recently my backlit stopped working.I have tried pressing the FN + F9 and it wont turn it on either. In BIOS i do not have a setting for backlit, not sure if i ever did before as i have never had the need to look. I reinstalled Windows 10 as well. Went into device manager and made sure the drivers were updated too. hope somone can help as im lost at this point

[Edited the thread to add model name]

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,630 Trailblazer
    edited May 2023

The keyboard backlight not working is a hardware issue, you need to open the laptops back cover and have a look at the FFC keyboard cable that it makes a full connection to the mobo, (see caption and the F part below) as that is the keyboard FPC that needs to be inspected if its pins are making full and 100% contact or if they are not damaged or have corrosion deposited onto them restricting their contact to either plugs, as the power light cable of the keyboard is incorporated into this cable and if this cable power strand and end pin does not make contact then your keyboard lights will not work. Check all that out or even replace this cable, look at the cables part number as its written on it what type of cable it is, as Acer does not have this cable listed in the Aspire E575 SG FRU list.

• BlueEyeDanger

took it apart and ribbon cabled has full contact and clean. just lost since all buttons work but lights dont.

• BlueEyeDanger

i uploaded a photo of mine above. cant find any updates or driver updates either. i do have these showing they dont have the driver but it also cant find one to download

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,630 Trailblazer
    edited May 2023

Show the keyboard as in my Nitro 5 that also has a an RGB keyboard, I've got a gaming Cooler Master RGB Mouse connected through the laptops USB and the RGB of the mouse I can change colours with its button and the keyboard RGBs also work 100% and perfectly, see Device Manager below as those are the only drivers listed in on my laptops Device Manager. As I've said, the problem that you have is probably with the keyboard that its RGB lights are faulty and you need to replace the keyboard if you want RGB lights.