Turning on battery charge limit to 80% affects performance.

Whamy22
Whamy22 Member Posts: 34 Enthusiast WiFi Icon

Turning on battery charge limit to 80% affects performance. When battery is at 80%, Not only stutter in gaming but in over all while using the laptop, like browsing. Turning off the limit, fix it. I know BIOS of helios 16 is still astill buggy. But if fix in future update, is limiting battery charge to 80% supposed to affect the performance in gaming?

Best Answer

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 12,250 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓

Don't use Battery monitors/limiters in Windows, just allow your battery to charge to 100% and keep your adapter plugged in 24/7 without any detrimental effects on the lifespan of a Smart Lithium Ion laptop battery. Battery limiters interfere with Microsoft ACPI-Compliant control and cause GPU and CPU to throttle. I have uninstalled Acer Care Center and I recommend you disable all 3rd party battery monitors. Nothing has been tested or proven on Extending the lifespan LIBs by limiting the charging below/above 40-80%. What is a fact is that draining a battery below 2% may damage cells.

Answers

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 12,250 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓

Don't use Battery monitors/limiters in Windows, just allow your battery to charge to 100% and keep your adapter plugged in 24/7 without any detrimental effects on the lifespan of a Smart Lithium Ion laptop battery. Battery limiters interfere with Microsoft ACPI-Compliant control and cause GPU and CPU to throttle. I have uninstalled Acer Care Center and I recommend you disable all 3rd party battery monitors. Nothing has been tested or proven on Extending the lifespan LIBs by limiting the charging below/above 40-80%. What is a fact is that draining a battery below 2% may damage cells.

• Whamy22
    Whamy22 Member Posts: 34 Enthusiast WiFi Icon

I totally agree. Base on my experience with my previous 6yrs predator laptop that is still working and in good battery condition, still can handle normal use for hours. But of course not longer unlike before because it been 6 years. But hey I used it heavy in gaming and always plugin without limiter and still a gem. Thanks!