Acer 5 nitro No Bootup device issue on laptop please help!

GabeRodriguez04
GabeRodriguez04 Member Posts: 3 New User
edited May 2023 in Nitro Gaming

My Acer 5 nitro just suddenly popped up with this no Bootup device and now I cant access windows! I've tried the change UEFI to legacy but there's no legacy option. Please help! I will attach the bios screen for more info.

[Edited the thread to add model name]

Answers

• Alejandro_AC
    Alejandro_AC ACE Posts: 12,948 Trailblazer

Hi @GabeRodriguez04 according to the BIOS captures the disk is recognized.
    It is a WD mechanical drive, it may have been damaged.
    Before the problem, did you make any changes or installations on the computer?

All the best.

• Haga clic en "Me gusta" si mi respuesta fue útil o márquela como solución si se resolvió, ¡gracias!
    • Colaborador pro bono, no trabajo ni hablo en nombre de Acer
    • Please click "Like" if my answer was helpful or mark it as solution if it was solved, thanks!
    • Pro bono contributor, I do not work or speak on behalf of Acer
    • MVP de MSFT (2003-21) & Windows Insider & (alezmvp)
  • GabeRodriguez04

@#I haven't installed anything new physically.I recall the last thing I did on the laptop was run a troubleshoot on my WiFi icon on the lower tab of the desktop.

It really just happened suddenly

• GabeRodriguez04

Thanks for the response How would I check if the WD mechanical drive is damaged? Would I need to buy a new one? And how would I recover my old files?

• Alejandro_AC
    Alejandro_AC ACE Posts: 12,948 Trailblazer

If you can't access the disk, it's difficult to run some type of application that tests it to see if it has physical damage or not, just like to recover the data, there are companies that are specialized in recovering it, but the price is very high.
    Wait for more answers with some more ideas, for now, try to access in safe mode to see what happens:

All the best.

• Haga clic en "Me gusta" si mi respuesta fue útil o márquela como solución si se resolvió, ¡gracias!
    • Colaborador pro bono, no trabajo ni hablo en nombre de Acer
    • Please click "Like" if my answer was helpful or mark it as solution if it was solved, thanks!
    • Pro bono contributor, I do not work or speak on behalf of Acer
    • MVP de MSFT (2003-21) & Windows Insider & (alezmvp)
  • Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 11,828 Trailblazer

First remark; you really should disable Fast Boot as this makes it difficult to access Bios and don't use Fast Startup in Power Plan to boot faster but try to hibernate instead, faster and with less power issues (you have to enable Hibernate in Power Plan otherwise the option won't show in Start.

On the HDD issue: Take out your WD mechanical HDD and mount it in a USB 2.0 or USB 3.01 external USB HDD case ($10 online shop) connect the external USB HDD to another Windows PC and copy your data. If you want to bring/send your laptop to Acer for service you may opt to reformat the WD HDD to preserve your privacy. You can also check the condition of the external WD HDD with freeware like GSmartControl.

My take: it looks like your HDD or the boot loader on the HDD is broken, test the HDD on another PC (see above) and if still OK reformat and Initialize (GPT) the WD HDD in Disk Manger, reinstall the WD HDD in your laptop and load a Windows ISO file with USB on it. After you get your laptop to work again I would replace the WD HDD with a 2.5 SATA SSD, like the Samsung EVO 870 V_NAND 4TB😉