Acer Aspire TC 1760 UR11 Where can I get some decent manuals??

yosef99
yosef99 Member Posts: 25 Enthusiast WiFi Icon

I'd like to get a good manual(s) for the Acer Aspire TC 1760 UR11. The website manual download is pretty useless, same with everything I found online so far.

I need something that hasl specs, speeds, mobo layout and pinouts, preferably with photos. Anything that shows upgrades or installed hardware or basically everything that would be covered in a User's or Technical manual, for upgrades and stuff like that. Anyone know where I can get one?

Thank you, A new Acer User

[Edited the thread to add model name]

Best Answer

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 11,828 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓

This industry is a highly competitive, trying to outdo each other each year, and Acer Support was possibly getting hurt by previous transparency and by DIY people breaking things (in the warranty period), giving Acer a bad name. Another reason may be investments in many countries setting up Acer Services shops; we have (good) Chinese air-conditioners running and the same thing, no manuals no diagrams, zilch, you have to use their maintenance shops. Translation issues and latest updates/tweaks or (contant) modifactions not announced may lead to legal action (I am just guessing here).

At least Acer provides this forum where you can get all the help and info you need for any Acer product in many languages.

I don't like it either but it is a vendor’s prerogative.

Answers

• Puraw

Post your issues on this forum or if you prefer, e-mail Acer Services in your country what information you are after or what upgrade you plan. Some of us (not me) have access to Acer's tech library and inside resources and they will post pictures, tables and recommended HW upgrades. Complete technical guide books/manuals are not allowed to be distributed, only generic ones that you have (Acer worldwide policy). Be careful with upgrades and technical info published on the web (PC reviews) as authors have the same dilemma and may list wrong/bogus specs.

• yosef99

Purav: Thank you

• yosef99

If you don't mind me asking a question:

Can you tell me why the manuals are not public?

I must admit after 30 years of using, upgrading, and repairing PCs, that is the first time I have ever seen this. Why is that?

Thanks!

• Puraw
    Answer ✓

This industry is a highly competitive, trying to outdo each other each year, and Acer Support was possibly getting hurt by previous transparency and by DIY people breaking things (in the warranty period), giving Acer a bad name. Another reason may be investments in many countries setting up Acer Services shops; we have (good) Chinese air-conditioners running and the same thing, no manuals no diagrams, zilch, you have to use their maintenance shops. Translation issues and latest updates/tweaks or (contant) modifactions not announced may lead to legal action (I am just guessing here).

At least Acer provides this forum where you can get all the help and info you need for any Acer product in many languages.

I don't like it either but it is a vendor’s prerogative.

• William_mk2
    William_mk2 ACE Posts: 4,174 Pathfinder

@yosef99

Kindly go through the details which is captured from service manual designed for your computer. Although entire service manual is not made public we love to provide the snippets of what you ask for .

Pict 1

Pict 2

Pict 3

Pict 4

Pict 5

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful 

Click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    B  Thank you and have a BLESSED AND HAPPY DAY  B

★★ WILLIAM - MRK ★★

• yosef99

William-MRK Thank you

• William_mk2
    William_mk2 ACE Posts: 4,174 Pathfinder

@yosef99

You are always Welcome! Please dont hesitate to ask for snippets which are designed for your computer. We have all the specifications for your model. We got pictures on how to install and remove memory, hdd, sdd. We got pictures to assemble and deassemble your computer.

Pict 1

Pict 2

Pict 2

Pict 3

Pict 4

Pict 5

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful 

Click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    B  Thank you and have a BLESSED AND HAPPY DAY  B

★★ WILLIAM - MRK ★★