aspire tc-885-ur19 will not boot at all after memory upgrade

jimfreebody
jimfreebody Member Posts: 3 New User

tc-885-ur19 will not boot after upgrading with 2 corsair vengeance 8gb ram sticks - won't boot after re-installing original 4gb stick either. tried removing cmos battery still not booting. power supply fan and cpu fan both turn on but that's it. Any Ideas ??

Answers

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 11,828 Trailblazer

Do a Power Drain procedure; unplug the power adapter, open the back of your latop (this won't void your warranty) disconnect the battery cable (from the MOBO) wait a minute and then press the Power Button key for 2 minutes consciously without releasing. Again wait a few minutes and put the cover back without screwing, Connect the power adapter and press the power button to see if the laptop will start without battery. If no results unplug the adapter, connect the battery again; close the cover and try to power up with battery only, and then plug in the adapter. Don't give up; repeat the next day if no results. When you replaced the DDR4s did you disconnect your battery first, if you did not there may be a MOBO issue. If you don't get any results with the Power drain I suggest that you bring/send the laptop to Acer Services.

• Larryodie
    Larryodie Member Posts: 1,567 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon

DID you re-instal them as they came out as some memory banks are not number 1,2 etc.

I'll try to find the post and the model that confusded anothe poster.

• Larryodie

I can't find that post BUT look for numbers on the mother board beside of the sockets and install or re-install by the NUMBERS not the physical locations. Please acknowledge it this is the solution. Thanks.

• jimfreebody

sorry, i thought the model number would have shown this is a deskto (TC-885)

• jimfreebody

this desktop only has 2 memory slots - only came from factory with one slot of 4gb 2666 ram - I have tried every possible combination of filling both slots with two 8gb 2666 ram, to the one original 4gb + one of the new ones , to switching them to different slots, and back again to the one original 4gb stick, to no avail - I can see both the cpu fan and the power supply fan spinning at startup as well as feel the hard drive spinning; but nothing else happens - monitor briefly turns on then says no signal. Have tried removing CMOS Battery, Have tried moving CMOS jumper to off then back again - still - nothing

• Larryodie

My bad as I though that it had 4. .

I'd leave the CMOS battery out and leave the unit unplugged overnite. or possibly check your ram sticks in another caomputer .

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,421 Trailblazer

Do you get the solid beeeeeeep that indicates bad memory in any configuration? Are you sure you are getting the memory stick fully latched into the socket?

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.