Nitro N50-610 wireless qi charger setup help

Anom
Anom Member Posts: 3 New User

Hello, I bought a Nitro N50-610 PC and it was advertised as having a wireless Qi charger, however, there were no manuals or guides that came with it and the charger won't work. Does this model have the wireless charger feature, and if so, how do I get it to work?

Best Answer

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,532 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓

By the link that you gave me above "Harvey Noreman" you must be in Australia, as I’m in Australia too in Sydney so I've never noticed this Nitro wireless feature, it must have been a limited offer. This is the info that I've got on this Nitro desktop charger that Acer fitted to the Nitro desktops, the Acer Nitro 50 Wireless Charging / Acer Nitro N50-600 Intel Core i3 GTX 1050 £599.99 Gaming / The Xiaomi Mi 11 can only be charged at 50 watts,.. The Xiaomi Mi 11 can only be charged with 50 watts. Airpods with wireless charging case (2nd generation) wireless charging case. The acer nitro n50 is compact, robust and has enough speed for 1080p. Acer highlights that it's faster than 5w . This creates a wide expansive sound stage cantered on the listener with improved harmonics for both mono and stereo.

Make 100% sure that your Nitro desktop has this feature and undo the case and check if this wireless charger is there first, if your Nitro has this feature then it should work as its a module and its connected directly to the desktops PSU and gets power continually even if the desktop is in sleep mode or turned off and if it doesn’t then check if its connections are not faulty or any of this modules wires are not connected and if it needs repairing. Its like a USB port or any port on your desktop, also look into Device Manager and see if this WC is shown there and if its got an exclamation sign next to it. Give us more details and photos as we don't encounter this wireless charger very often on this forum and Acer has no info on it.

Also and fwhenever Acer advertises this wireless feature Acer quotes the following, so make sure that the Austraian model has this wireless feature.

Specifications vary depending on model and/or region

All offers subject to change without notice or obligation and may not be available at all retail locations. Prices listed are manufacturer suggested retail prices and may vary by retail location. Not responsible for pricing or other typographical or photographical errors or omissions. Pictures may differ from the offer

This is the Nitro with WC from a Middle Eastern country

Answers

• StevenGen

I don’t know where you bought your Acer Nitro N50-610 from, give us more details and photos of the actual “wireless Qi charger” as this is probably a sales promotion by either Acer in your area or the retail outlet that you bought your desktop from and the wireless Qi charger is from another manufacturer that makes these chargers.

A “wireless Qi charger” should plug into (se captions below of the front and back of the N50-810) the USB 3.1 type A or C ports or if the wireless charger has a USB-C cable/plug then plug the plug into the desktops #4 which is the USB-C port. I’ve been using a Samsung wireless charger for ages with my Nitro AN515-56 laptop to charge my phones into a USB 3.0 port, and it charger 24/7 and the charger is plugged into the laptops USB 3.2 Gen 1 port and this port has power (even when the laptop is in sleep mode) to charge my new Galaxy 23 Ultra phone always and it works perfectly, you don’t need a manual to connect a wireless charger as all the USB ports shopuld work on the

Nitro N50-610

• Anom

https://www.harveynorman.com.au/acer-nitro-50-i5-12400-8gb-512gb-ssd-gtx1650-4gb-gaming-desktop.html

The original is no longer there but it was similar to this one, just that it advertised a wireless Qi charger on top of the case

like what it says on the website.

Are other details or pictures required? Sorry, I don't know much.

• StevenGen
    Answer ✓

By the link that you gave me above "Harvey Noreman" you must be in Australia, as I’m in Australia too in Sydney so I've never noticed this Nitro wireless feature, it must have been a limited offer. This is the info that I've got on this Nitro desktop charger that Acer fitted to the Nitro desktops, the Acer Nitro 50 Wireless Charging / Acer Nitro N50-600 Intel Core i3 GTX 1050 £599.99 Gaming / The Xiaomi Mi 11 can only be charged at 50 watts,.. The Xiaomi Mi 11 can only be charged with 50 watts. Airpods with wireless charging case (2nd generation) wireless charging case. The acer nitro n50 is compact, robust and has enough speed for 1080p. Acer highlights that it's faster than 5w . This creates a wide expansive sound stage cantered on the listener with improved harmonics for both mono and stereo.

Make 100% sure that your Nitro desktop has this feature and undo the case and check if this wireless charger is there first, if your Nitro has this feature then it should work as its a module and its connected directly to the desktops PSU and gets power continually even if the desktop is in sleep mode or turned off and if it doesn’t then check if its connections are not faulty or any of this modules wires are not connected and if it needs repairing. Its like a USB port or any port on your desktop, also look into Device Manager and see if this WC is shown there and if its got an exclamation sign next to it. Give us more details and photos as we don't encounter this wireless charger very often on this forum and Acer has no info on it.

Also and fwhenever Acer advertises this wireless feature Acer quotes the following, so make sure that the Austraian model has this wireless feature.

Specifications vary depending on model and/or region

All offers subject to change without notice or obligation and may not be available at all retail locations. Prices listed are manufacturer suggested retail prices and may vary by retail location. Not responsible for pricing or other typographical or photographical errors or omissions. Pictures may differ from the offer

This is the Nitro with WC from a Middle Eastern country

• Anom
    edited April 14

This is an extremely late reply, but I got the wireless charging to work. Turns out, the device has to be at a very specific orientation (straight 90°, for some reason, even having it slightly off disallows it from working) and placement on the charger for it to charge the device. The charger was there, working all along, it was just my error in placing the device that wouldn't allow it to work.

Referring to Steven's previous comment, the device doesn't appear in the Device Manager, but it still works, so I'll ignore whatever.