Acer Aspire 5 A514-52-TY - Problems after BIOS Update

Options
Rafadns
Rafadns Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

I have the acer aspire 5 a514-54-52ty. It had the 1.26 BIOS version. I upgraded it to version 1.31. After that, the machine became slow, stuttering and is presenting problems with the onboard sound. Now I cannot go back to previous version. If I reset BIOS battery it gets better for sometime.

Does anyone know how to fix that?

Best Answer

• Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,767 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 10,029 Trailblazer
    Options

Are you sure that you have the Aspire 5 model A514-52-TY? As the bios versions 1.26 and 1.31 are not a bios version for this laptop, the appropriate Acer A514-52 bios versions and the last bios version update dated 2020/04/15 version 1.12 titled Fix the issue charger timeout &trigger CPU Prochot is not what you have given!

I don't know where you got bios versions 1.26 and 1.31 and why this bios version 1.31 flashed onto your A514-52, but they are the wrong bios or you have listed in this post the wrong laptop as this is the Acer Drivers & Manuals for the A514-52 page and does not have the BIOS/firmware versions 1.26 or 1.31? Have a look at your laptops model number again and correct this post.

• wascas
    wascas Member Posts: 1,212 Overclocked Contributor WiFi Icon
    edited March 2023
    Options

I have the acer aspire 5 a514-54-52ty.

Acer Aspire 5 A514-52-TY - Problems after BIOS Update

Do you have model A514-52 or A514-54? On the bottom of the machine there is a sticker with the model name on it.

If you have model A514-52, you have flashed the wrong BIOS!

• Commodore_1995#
    Options

Access the bios and then press the f9 keys to restore the settings and f10 to save and exit. Check if bugs are fixed.

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Rafadns

Tinkerer

Options

I already did that. and pushed bios reset button underneath as well. It resolves the issue for a while. But, if I run windows update, it begins stuttering and slowing down again… What I did and is kind of working is disable windows update service. As long as I dont update anything, it remains stable. I hope they release a new BIOS soon, so I can try to update again.

Do you have any other suggestions mate?

Tks

• Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,767 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Rafadns

Tinkerer

Options

Hey mate, whats up?! thanks for the tip!

I have flashed version 1.33 today and apparently it is running very well. No issues so far. I restarted windows update service. Checked everything. Sound is good, no stuttering, it's all good.

I thank you all guys for the support. I think this issue is resolved!