Screen flickering on a dark background when the laptop is on battery, How can I fix it?

Options
didi123
didi123 Member Posts: 18 Troubleshooter
edited March 2023 in Nitro Gaming

The screen starts flickering on a dark background when the laptop is on battery.

Plugged in, it the effect is reduced pretty much, but if you look closely you will see it.

How can I fix it?

[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,947 Trailblazer
    edited March 2023
    Options

What is your laptop/desktop or AIO model number? As Screen\Flickering in Windows 11 or 10 is usually caused by a display driver issue or incompatible app. To determine whether a display driver or app is causing the problem, check to see if Task Manager flickers. Then, based on that information, you'll need to update, rollback, or uninstall your display driver or update or uninstall the app. see “Troubleshoot screen flickering in Windows”

• didi123
    edited March 2023
    Options

My laptop is Acer Nitro 5 AN517-54 and I have Windows 10

And yes, it flickers also in task manager.

• Emma_
    Emma_ Moderator, Member Posts: 226 Moderator
    Options

Hello!!

@didi123

Try windows x go to device manager expand display adapter right click on display driver - uninstall Restart the computer 

It should work fine.. 

If it is still not working Uninstall the display adapter from device manager Dont restart the computer. Go to support.acer.com chose your country type snid or chose your model go to drivers Install the display driver 

It should work fine.. 

Regards,

LunaNova14

• didi123
    edited March 2023
    Options

It didn't work. Also keep in mind that this problem occurs only when I am on battery, not when the laptop is plugged.

My guess is that it is a conflict between some display power saving of some sort, but I don't know where.

I disabled the option from Intel Command Center