acer extensa 4230 network adapter not working code 10 windows vista

Octxel
Octxel Member Posts: 9

Tinkerer

i just recently got this acer extensa 4230 to work again. and ive installed 3 gb of ram and 160 gb hard drive

i installed windows vista on it. put your dam pitchforks down.

and i am currently trying to get this network adapter to work but almost every driver i clicked kept giving me that code 10 this driver cannot start.

how can i fix this if i have no wifi

yes before i let my brother take the hard drive it did work. wifi and everything

but now it just doesn't wanna work

what do i do

[Edited the thread to add model name to the title]

Answers

• Alejandro_AC
    Alejandro_AC ACE Posts: 11,247 Trailblazer

Hi @Octxel was the laptop previously working with WIndows Vista?
    The laptop is not compatible with WIndows Vista and will have a lot of driver problems, the computer is compatible with Windows 7, please install this system, thank you.

UTC+2

Please click "Like" if my answer was helpful or mark it as a solution if it was resolved, thanks!

I use Google Translate for English, German, Portuguese and French.

Pro bono, I don't work or speak in the name of Acer

Por favor, haga clic en "Me gusta" si mi respuesta fue útil o márquela como solución si fué resuelta, gracias!

Pro bono, no trabajo ni hablo en nombre de Acer

MSFT MVP (2003-21) & Windows Insider

X (Twitter)

• Octxel

Tinkerer

yes it is the laptop says it was made for vista and probably vista only when i got it from my mom it already had vista and the wifi worked and everything

• Alejandro_AC

Ok, I went to the team's page and it only shows Windows 7, that's why I was commenting on the incompatibility, but it seems I'm wrong.

https://www.acer.com/us-en/support?search=Extensa%204230&filter=global_download
    You will have to go to a trusted page that looks for the drivers online.
    Another option is if you know the manufacturer of the device, go to its website in search of drivers, although it is unlikely since it is a discontinued system.

UTC+2

Please click "Like" if my answer was helpful or mark it as a solution if it was resolved, thanks!

Por favor, haga clic en "Me gusta" si mi respuesta fue útil o márquela como solución si fué resuelta, gracias!

X (Twitter)

• Octxel

Tinkerer

if i can't get the drivers to work should i just try windows 7

• Alejandro_AC

If for various reasons, although both systems, Windows Vista and Windows 7, are already discontinued, Windows 7 meant a qualitative leap compared to Windows Vista and you have more chances of having the drivers, at least the basic ones, and it is a system that will perform a Better management of the processor and memory with which you will have better performance.
    It tries to install Windows 7, although the problem is finding an official download ISO and a license.
    If you get a Windows 7 install, instead of a clean install, check if you can upgrade from Windows Vista.
    Greetings.

UTC+2

X (Twitter)

• Octxel

Tinkerer

ok wait i just found something on the specs and this stuck out to me saying “acer nplify 802.11b/g/Draft-N WLAN”

• Alejandro_AC

Try to search by that name for the driver on the internet.
    If you find it and decide to download it from a site other than Acer, please run an antivirus first.
    Thank you.
    Greetings.

UTC+2

X (Twitter)

• Octxel

Tinkerer

idk how to close this topic but i just updated it to windows 7 and for some unknown reason everything just worked? if you wanna put in your 2 cents you can but i only made this account just to ask this question so uh buh bye

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,454 Trailblazer

Yes, those came with Vista and upgraded to Windows 7 once it was released. Windows 7 drivers are appropriate for it and likely you should be running the 32 bit version if you have just the 3GB installed.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Alejandro_AC

@Octxel I'm glad you were able to solve it, thanks for sharing it in the community, greetings.

UTC+2

X (Twitter)