Is it normal for Acer Nitro 5 AN515-54's GPU to reach 93 degrees while playing Euro Truck Simulator?

Hassan101
Hassan101 Member Posts: 12

Tinkerer

Is it normal for Acer Nitro 5 AN515-54's GPU to reach 93 degrees while playing Euro Truck Simulator 2 mid settings? If not what's the problem and how to solve it?

Laptop Specs: Intel I5-8300H GTX 1050 8GGB(RAM) 128SSD+ 1TB HDD. 3 years under use.

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,330 Trailblazer

No. Way too hot. Try raising laptop about an inch above a hard surface using care not to block any air intake or exhaust vents on bottom or sides. I use a wire oven rack. Try to keep discrete GPU temps under 85*C. CPU under about 90*C.

Jack E/NJ

• Hassan101
    Hassan101 Member Posts: 12

Tinkerer

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,330 Trailblazer

Try raising the laptop first. Laptop cooler fans can often actually impede airflow in and out of the case by blowing against the air exhaust vents on the bottom. Most laptops have exhaust vents on bottom. Cooler fans work best with laptops having side or top exhaust vents.

Jack E/NJ

• papayatek
    papayatek Member Posts: 68 Devotee WiFi Icon

Maybe you need to lower your graphics settings? I play American Truck Simulator on my Acer desktop, and the difference between 400x and 300x scaling is about 10C especially when there are clumps of big trees. I don't notice much difference between 400 and 300 scaling, so I just keep it at 300 and my gpu never goes above 75C.

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 7,524 Pathfinder

Hi @Hassan101

Clean the fan filters in front the heat sink and the fan blades, if you don't want to open your laptop for warranty concerns ask Acer Service to clean the fan and to check the heat sinks and thermal pads.