Laptop turns on but no display-Acer Aspire 3 A315-57G

sarwar_tanvir_
sarwar_tanvir_ Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

Sorry for this big post. But I'm in serious trouble. Please read carefully!

I wanted to disable the dedicated MX330 GPU to use Android OS on it. Thus I git to BIOS by holding FN+TAB keys. There appered an extra Advanced tab with the regular Advanced tab.

I changed the GPU to iGFX. Also I changed the ram frequency to 3200mhz which was set to 2666 previously. After doing these two changes I saved them and restart the laptop and then the problem comes up. it doesn't display anything, even no light on display. Only the two blue lights of charging and power on. The fan also spins normally.

I tried CMOS reset by pin hole that didn't work. Then I opened the back part and reassembled battery, SSD, and the CMOS battery. And every other possible ways I can find on the internet. But nothing worked for me.

I don't have extra monitor to try 2nd display output. I tried with keyboard, the NUM Lock or Caps Lock light don't turn on.

I desperately need this laptop in normal condition. Please help me.

Best Answer

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,448 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓

These settings are not supposed to be changed hence and why you are having these problems, if you tried the hared reset and other resets to change the bios back to default and its not working then the bios has to be reprogrammed with a bios CH341A programmer to get the bios back to default as you have caused some damage or even damaged the graphics of this laptop. Take your laptop to an experienced tech and get him/her to analyse your laptop and fix the graphics. 

Answers