Why is Acer using this out of warranty service

Options
MobiusXavier
MobiusXavier Member Posts: 7 New User
edited February 2023 in Welcome Forum
On the phone and their website, out of warranty service is automatically connected to AnswersBy. But if you actually read the reviews, it's a scam in most cases because many customers say they are being overly charged and they don't fix whatever the problem is with the laptop. I saw a review that said after they paid they told the person to call later and just kept saying the same thing every time they called. I was very close to paying for this service, but didn't after reading the reviews. Also the technician I was talking to said he was located in India. This means he can steal your money and he will can get away with it... Why is Acer even using this out of warranty service company? Can Acer be sued since they are the ones who are referring customers to them? I am mad because this could have happened to me. I was very close to buying the 1 year out of warranty service. I literally had the credit card in my hand ready to give the person my information. So glad I didn't.

Comments

• Abhijat
    Abhijat Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

Can Acer please comment on this ?

• Samuel-Acer
    Samuel-Acer Moderator Posts: 687 Moderator
    Options

Hi @MobiusXavier,

I am very sorry to hear this, unfortunately, the Acer Community is not a direct portal to Customer service, the Acer Forum Discussions were designed as a peer-to-peer support community where Acer users help other Acer users. Many Acer employees (Moderators), read the various topics posted here and you will notice that some Acer employees interact with members when appropriate, primarily we want the community to be a place where members can exchange their own advice and ideas.

Only your local support services can help you with this, the community is not an escalation channel, unfortunately.

Note: This thread will be now closed. 

Sorry for any inconveniences this has caused you.

Regards,

Acer-Samuel

This discussion has been closed.