Boost mode keeps activating and doesn't activate on other games like WWE2k22.

Options
Vastayan
Vastayan Member Posts: 3 New User
edited February 2023 in Nitro Gaming

I set my maximum processor state to 99% and my pc still activates turbo boost on certain games, such as Genshin impact and DBZ xenoverse 2 however it doesn't activate on other games like WWE2k22. Why is that?

[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Best Answer

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,593 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options

Because boost is what the game calls for best gaming experience.. Setting maximum processor state at 99% does virtually nothing to prevent that. Maximum processor states of 80-90% is a good compromise but may make high power demanding games virtually unplayable..

Jack E/NJ

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,593 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options

Because boost is what the game calls for best gaming experience.. Setting maximum processor state at 99% does virtually nothing to prevent that. Maximum processor states of 80-90% is a good compromise but may make high power demanding games virtually unplayable..

Jack E/NJ

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 10,032 Trailblazer
    edited February 2023
    Options

What laptop are you using? As and if you use an NVidia gpu then install GeForce Experience software as this NVidia software has the ultimate and best settings for both Genshin Impact and Dragon Ball Xenoverse and many more games that will utilize your cpu and gpu perfectly and also notify you of any NVidia driver updates for your gpu.