WiFi issue intermittent disconect Qualcomm Atheros QCA9377 NFA435A Acer Aspire 3 Acer-315-23

Options
dandtech
dandtech Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

Hi there.

Model: Acer Aspire 3 A315-23, WiFi model QCA9377 NFA435A
Issue: WiFi intermittent disconnect. Every 2 - 3 minutes is losing the connection / no internet icon.
All the other devices are maintaining a good stable connection.
2.4 or 5GHz does not matter. Still unstable connection.
Signal power: maximum. No obstacle between the router and the laptop. Distance to router 10 meters / 30 feet.
OS; Windows 10 Home x64
Using the latest driver as Sep.2020: version 12.0.0.938
Done so far:
- From Windows 10 Device manager uninstall the adapter, reboot, auto reinstall
- adapter properties: preferred band 5G
- roaming: low
Still unstable.

Anyone any idea?

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,530 Trailblazer
    Options
    Shut the machine off. Remove the charger. Gently insert a paperclip into the battery reset pinhole on the bottom for about 30 seconds. Then plug the charger back in. Turn it back on to see if the issue resolves itself. If not, did this issue happen suddenly for no apparent reason? About how long ago? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• MyCsPiTTa
    MyCsPiTTa Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    Did this work? What is it actually doing?

I have the same Qualcom Atheros qca9377 network adaptor in my F5-771G and as of a couple of months ago my wifi connection constantly disconnects every hour. I look in device manager and the adaptor shows a yellow warning triangle (not sure how to tell what the actual error is). The only solution other than a complete reboot is to disable then re-enable the adaptor in device manger which solves the problem for a brief while.

I've tried updating the drivers (shouldn't be an issue as Windows 10 autoupdate is on). I've also tried installing the drivers found on my laptop support page (v19.10.0.9) from 2017!!). Currently DM shows driver version v12.0.0.722 so I don't think these old drivers were even applied. I've also tried uninstalling and reinstalling the device. No luck. 

Has anyone found a solution?
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,530 Trailblazer
    Options
    MyCsPiTTa    Open DeviceManager. Click network adapters folder. Right click the wifi adapter and uninstall it. Exit DeviceManager without reinstalling anything. Shut down Windows normally. Turn the machine back on. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• dandtech
    dandtech Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

Options
    Hi there,

None of the generic "easy" solutions uninstall and then reinstall the QCA9377 driver had any positive results.
    The wifi is still unstable.
    I contacted the technical support and they gave me the same generic "solution" with a final "Send the laptop for repair".

So, my solution:
    I replaced the wifi card with an Intel AX200 NGW from amazon.
    Now the wifi is stable and with the benefit of having 802.11ax - the fastest connection.
    Price: 25 CAD.
    Working with router D-Link DIR-X1560. Laptop Acer Aspire 3 A315-23 Ryzen 5, Windows 10 x64 build 2004

• KevinLondon
    KevinLondon Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    Same problem here. New machine worked fine for a week. Then about once a day the Qualcomm adaptor died. Disabling and enabling fixed it. But after another two weeks even that didn't work. Powered down entire machine and rebooted; that worked, for a few days. Now there seems absolutly nothing that will fix this card. Do they test these things before selling them? I'm going to try a WiFi dongle.
  • moonless
    moonless Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

Guys, it's 2023 and I have exactly the same issue with a brand new Acer Aspire 3 A315-23-r7zd. Wifi is unstable (2.4 or 5.0 ghz - doesn't matter). It is still new so the warranty is still valid. What is my best move - try to return it or try to fix it somehow

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,970 Trailblazer
    edited February 2023
    Options

First uninstall the Wi-Fi and BT drivers completely through Device Manager and then install this newer Win-10 driver from Qualcomm Atheros site for the model Atheros QCA9377 Wi-Fi/BT card which is this driver: win10-12.0.0.1016-whql.zip and use the Bluetooth driver from the Acer Drivers and Manuals for the A315-23 Bluetooth the Atheros version 10.0.0.953, do all that and then reboot the laptop as your Wi-Fi and BT should work perfectly. If the Wi-Fi doesn't engage after reboot and login, then press the F3 key once as that should engage the Wi-Fi.