Bios Password reset for Aspire 3 A315-55G-57RI ??

harhov
harhov Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

Hi,

I just tried to get into the Bios for the 1st time since I have this new bought Laptop.

Power up and at the ACER Logo press F2 => Comes with a password box.

I don't have a BIOS password, never set one as far as I remember. Is there a default one?

How to solve this? I want to add a SSD disk and probably will need the BIOS settings.

TIA

Best Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,511 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓

There is no default bios password set by Acer or by any manufacturers of PCs to their bios, Acer does not set any bios passwords to any of their PCs, as this is all done by a user. Its very unusual that you have experienced this out of nowhere. Definitely contact Acer support and ask for their solution(s), but there are other external solutions that you can look up in regard to this problem that may work? That's as far as I can help you out, as you need to consult Acer and ask them if they cover this under the Acer warranty, also please let the community know the result of this problem and if it was solved, as it will be very helpful to other users, thanks.

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,511 Trailblazer
    edited January 2023 Answer ✓

The thing that you have to be aware of and realise is this, that passwords and especially bios passwords bios issues and/or anything to do in regard to hacking advice of anything to do to a PC is not permitted on this forum or is it ethical for a forum like this to allow! This is for security reasons foremostly, and of course bios issues and what happens with inexperienced users, that this mix, don't go too well together.😁 as inexperience users doing anything in regard to reflashing, resetting and/or reprograming a bios can destroy, corrupt a laptop and make it unusable with great costs to a user, hence and why there are these forum rules.

Answers