aspire TC 380 and Ryzen 5 5600

xbigi
xbigi Member Posts: 10

Tinkerer

Hello,  i got my Rx 6600 today. fps in games are quite the same... i think the Ryzen 3 2200g can't handle it that well(CPU usage goes almost to 100 while playing and GPU usage is around at 30%).so I'd like to get a Ryzen 5 5600, is that okay for this Mobo?

Are the motherboard drivers,bios etc...compatible with that CPU?

Best Answer

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,448 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓

You can’t upgrade the CPU to a Ryzen 5 5600 as Acer does not have a bios update for the TC-380 for the AMD 5000 series CPUs, as even most of the B550 chipsets boards are not compatible with the 5000 series CPUs. The RX6600 and the Ryzen 3 2200G should work great together with 1920 × 1080 (FHD (1080p)) resolution at virtually no bottlenecks of either the CPU or GPU, have you got the last BIOS installed and all the drivers for the AMD graphics, windows as that is important.

While running general tasks, processor AMD Ryzen 3 2200G will be utilized 100.0% and graphic card AMD Radeon RX 6600 will be utilized 99.9% .

If you are experiencing processor bottleneck, increasing your resolution will have a high impact on your graphic card and it's utilization will increase. Also when you are experiencing graphic card bottleneck, lowering your resolution will allow your graphic card to process more data and achieve higher frames per second. More frames per second will put higher impact on your processor because it needs to prepare more data for your graphic card. You can reduce this bottleneck by changing your screen resolution to one of these resolutions.

Answers

• StevenGen
    Answer ✓

You can’t upgrade the CPU to a Ryzen 5 5600 as Acer does not have a bios update for the TC-380 for the AMD 5000 series CPUs, as even most of the B550 chipsets boards are not compatible with the 5000 series CPUs. The RX6600 and the Ryzen 3 2200G should work great together with 1920 × 1080 (FHD (1080p)) resolution at virtually no bottlenecks of either the CPU or GPU, have you got the last BIOS installed and all the drivers for the AMD graphics, windows as that is important.

While running general tasks, processor AMD Ryzen 3 2200G will be utilized 100.0% and graphic card AMD Radeon RX 6600 will be utilized 99.9% .

If you are experiencing processor bottleneck, increasing your resolution will have a high impact on your graphic card and it's utilization will increase. Also when you are experiencing graphic card bottleneck, lowering your resolution will allow your graphic card to process more data and achieve higher frames per second. More frames per second will put higher impact on your processor because it needs to prepare more data for your graphic card. You can reduce this bottleneck by changing your screen resolution to one of these resolutions.

• xbigi
    xbigi Member Posts: 10

Tinkerer

so i would have to upgrade motherboard too for the 5600?

• StevenGen

Yes, as Acer has no bios update for this mobo, even if the chipset is compatible with the AMD 5000 series CPUs you need a bios update for compatibility. I recently built an ASUS TUF AMD gaming desktop with the 5900X and that mobo needed a bios update to be compatible with all AMD 5000 series CPUs, it was easy with the ASUS as its got a BIOS flashback feature that you don't need a CPU to update the BIOS.