default boot device missing R3-131t-c1yf

Options
MSBONNIE
MSBONNIE Member Posts: 1 New User
edited January 2023 in Aspire Laptops

so i bought this acer aspire r3-131t-c1yf from a friend when i turned it on it did not load yo windows like it was suppose to it showed on the screen no bootable devices i finally got to the boot manager and it giving me the message that the default boot devise is missing please how do i fix this problem

[Edited the thread to add model name to the title]

Answers

• StevenGen
    Options

The Acer Aspire R3-131T is a 2015 laptop and its low spec wallet size laptop reason for having a "no bootable device" is probably because of the main mechanical boot HDD that is faulty and needs replacing, This laptop is known to be a slow laptop and some users complain that it takes 20minutes AT LEAST to boot up and that is because of its low capacity and slow HDD with Win-10 OS.

You need to check the HDD if its connected properly or if its faulty and making a clicking noise, as that is probably why its not booting, as either the HDD is full and has bad sectors or its platter or head are damaged and its easier to replace the boot drive with a new 2.5" SSD drive that will improve this laptops performance by at least 100%, see the Aspire R3-131T Crucial ram and SSD upgrades.

Also increase this laptops ram to 8GB (if it hasn't got that much ram) by adding 1x module of 8GB DDR3-1600 • CL=11 • NON-ECC • SODIMM • 204-pin • 1.35V • 2Rx8 • PC3-12800 into its 1x ram slot, then reinstall Win-10 and get all this Aspire R3-131T drivers from Acer Drivers & Manuals, as then you will have a workable Win-10 laptop.