i wonder some stuff for the acer aspire tc895-eb11

so recently i had the idea to do a major upgrade to my computer which is an acer aspire tc895-eb11, and i dont know what are teh stuff that can be compactible with the pc or not

here what i know that is compactible:

intel 10/11th gen cpus (planned to swtich from an i5 10th gen to a i7 unlocked 10th gen) and i know it fits due it uses an lga1200 socket/cpu slot

gpu: i planned to get a gtx 1660 super for my pc aswell as a 8 to 6 pin adapter to make it work

ram: i planned to add a dual 16 gb ram kit (total of 32 gb) to be able to run a big game while listening to some music and recording

but here the stuff i dont know if it wont work or i need to get extra things to make it work

cooler: i planned to swtich from a loud stock cpu fan to a quiet water cooling system but i wonder if it compctible while there is only a single exhaust fan slot of i dont know what dimension, i dont know if i need to get extra things to make it work or i just cannot install one

psu: to make a new cooling system, a big power consuming gpu and a new cpu work, we need mroe watts, i planned to get a 500 to 700 watts psu or in between, i dont know the dimension to make it fit and what cables i need to make it work

if there is any recommendation or infos to be able to upgrade my pc without struggle, tell me what you know since it will help me alot!

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,448 Trailblazer

The TC-895 upper spec has the following components, and this is all that you should aim for or match with the same Acer componets as they work, anything else will cause you problems so its up to you. The TC-895 components are as follows:

1. i7-10700 - Acer part #: KC.10701.CI7 
    2. GEFORCE GTX 1650.4GB GDDR5 - Acer part #: DA.16511.001 
    3. POWER.500W.100-127/220-240V~8/4A 50-60Hz - Acer part #: DC.5001B.009 
    4. RAM specs are up to 16GB per DIMM with maximum memory size up to 32 GB - supports DDR4 2666MHz DDR4 SDRAM with Dual-channel architecture like below:

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,777 Trailblazer

>>>if there is any recommendation or infos to be able to upgrade my pc without struggle>>>

Without struggle? Sorry no. Take the machine to a local PC repair shop and ask them for advice on upgrades.

Jack E/NJ

• puro_the_puppygen
    puro_the_puppygen Member Posts: 14

Tinkerer

well i wont contact someone to do it for me, since the plan with the extra pieces wil lcost around 1000 to 1500 canadian dollars, and if i try to contact someone to do it for me, it will cost even more money, aswell as i want to do it myself, so for now i just need advice to be able to either get the entire thing working without problem when i will have done upgrading my pc to the pieces that will be changed from the stock setup, i just need advices to see what could work and what could not work

• Larryodie
    Larryodie Member Posts: 1,567 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon

Have you tried the games as it is now. A TC-895 ain't too old ?m So maybe possibly use it as is or buy a computer made for gaming.

Do you have M2. SSD installed ?

Play your game and monitor your task manager for detail on memory and CPU usage .

Listening to music and recording while playing a game shouldn't be a big deal with audio but couldn't you do that after playing your game ?

• puro_the_puppygen

Tinkerer

edited January 2023

i did play games, i play garry's mod, american truck simulator, euro truck simulator 2, vrchat and roblox, my computer is only over a year old (bought 20 august 2022), i have a boot drive installed after a recent problem of the computer not booting up and for now i preffer not buy a new computer since i preffer to learn more on computers while building them

when i run opera gx with youtube open, with obs open, 12 gb of ram when playing big games like american truck simulator per example, it lags by alot, so buying a new gpu and mroe ram is the least i can do, else, not buying a new pc, i want to stick with what i got, and i dont want to buy a new pc where i cannot transfer all the data i got on my hdd of my pc onto a computer that i bought while my current pc had a problem of the OS starting up

and also i listen to music and record some videos at the same time since... who does not record gaming videos without music, same for the streamings

• JackE
    edited January 2023

>>>since the plan with the extra pieces wil lcost around 1000 to 1500 canadian dollars>>>

Perhaps you should reveal exactly what pieces you have in mind since you seem to already know they will cost $1000-2000? The ones you mentioned earlier should work but you should try to stay with the same generation CPU you have in there now. Specs on RAM and drive upgrades can be done by running crucial.com scanner on your machine.

Jack E/NJ

• Larryodie

Why do you have YouTube and music recording while playing game. You Tube is a bandwidth hog . Maybe get a cheap Amazon tablet to watch You Tube etc if you have the bandwidth to do both. ?

What is the speed of your server ? Run Speed smart or any other speed. https://speedsmart.net/

Sometimes the GPU speed is limited by the mother board components so study if these add on will actually help

What is a "Boot Disk"

More Ram may help but so will closing windows plus your ram has speed limitations too as it is also mother board dependent .

• puro_the_puppygen

Tinkerer

well i did some research on my pc and there is almost none that fits what i search so i try to also open a topic to help peoples who searches to install similar stuff, for now the drive is ok, 1tb is enough for now, but for now i search answers for thsoe questions:

1: is a single fan watercooler or radiator (on how you call the liquid cooling system) can be installed on the acer aspire tc895-eb11, and if it does, does it need anything in extra

2: what psu can fit into the case and if needed what type of extra cables i need to make it work, including if needed extra cables for the watercooler or radiator

else the pieces i got in mind got already told but here is the list from what will be changed

cpu: i5 10400 ==> i7 10700k

ram: stock 12gb dual stick ==> 32 gb corsair ram sticks (266 pin type)

gpu: intel uhd630 ==> gtx 1660

psu: stocck 300w ==> 500-700w

storage: no changes yet

• puro_the_puppygen

Tinkerer

the boot disk is like the hard drive that holds the perating system files

• puro_the_puppygen

Tinkerer

i mean like that i listen to music while recording or live streaming so it is less boring so... that what i meant

• Larryodie

Is the hard drive a M2. or Sata ? A model/brand would help ?

I have a TC-895 too https://speedsmart.net/result/136333430 and plenty of speed even in the next room with Spectrum but my upload maybe too slow to play games. Get you a $39 Fire Tablet (on sale) to watch and stream while game playing, if you have enough bandwidth.

• puro_the_puppygen

Tinkerer

well it the hdd that came with the aspire tc895-eb11 i bought

there is no ssd

• Larryodie

I see that a tc895-eb11 has a 1TB Serial ATA/600 installed ?

That would be my 1st upgrade to an SSD.

This is getting beyond imagination to try to upgrade your computer but maybe someone more knowledge has the advice. Good Luck.

• JackE

If it was mine, I'd limit the upgrades to what is recommended by running the crucial.com scanner on the machine. The most bang for the Canadian dollar will come from replacing the HDD with an SSD and increasing RAM. Anything more than that will probably give diminishing speed increases for the Canadian dollars spent. Beyond RAM & SSD enhancements and possibly better graphics, the proprietary factory-built TC-895 case and major components are not meant to be heavily modified by the home builder without a lot of headaches and expense.

Jack E/NJ

• puro_the_puppygen

Tinkerer

well i wont let the pcie slot remain there collecting dust for nothing, i need a gpu if i want to record a video in hd while running a game on big graphic level so the gpu and ram is the thing i need to upgrade the most

• puro_the_puppygen

Tinkerer

well i try to upgrade my pc from a business computer to a gaming pc wit hatleast the ram and gpu addition, that all i need, just to upgrade my pc so it can record videos on high quality while my game is on high graphics level

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,421 Trailblazer

You can upgrade to another 10th gen CPU, though unless you also want to deal with additional cooling you need to stick with the same TDP as your current CPU. You can't jump generations, so no 11th gen. Look into the Noctua coolers that the people over in the gaming section are using with Predators. Measure closely to make sure they will fit and that might allow a K CPU, but the BIOS won't support overclocking so you aren't going to get much in the way of a performance gain. CPU upgrades are typically the one of the last choices.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.