How to check PCIe M2 nvme slot version on Acer Aspire TC-895 EB11

BD2019
BD2019 Member Posts: 7

Tinkerer

Hello @billsey or anyone in the group.

Anyone knows how to check PCIe m.2 nvme slot version on a TC-895 EB11 motherboard.

I was searching the motherboard manual but couldn't find anywhere. grateful if anyone can provide a detailed manual (not 45 pages user guide) for the motherboard.

I just like to know if the Nvme M3 PCIe slot is gen 3 or Gen 4?

I guess it is Gen 3 as I just install a new Gen 4 PCIe M2 1TB drive but disk benchmark apps gives me a result of Gen 3 version.

I just like to be sure if I could find the actual way to find out the Gen/ version of the M2 slot of my motherboard.

Thanks for any assistance

Best Answers

Answers

• BD2019

Tinkerer

I guess bus spec is the slot version of my nvme ? am I right?

• Leostat
    Leostat ACE Posts: 3,043 Pathfinder

Yup yup, you are right :); I'm not sure of a software way to check the number of lanes though. In the service guide it has a x4 link to it

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,421 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓

The B460 chipset used in that mother board has this spec from Intel:

PCI Express Revision 3.0

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • anawilliam850
    anawilliam850 Member Posts: 56 Devotee WiFi Icon

It's not uncommon for the manual or specifications of a motherboard to not specify the PCIe generation of the M.2 slot. One way to determine the PCIe generation of the M.2 slot on your motherboard is to check the specifications of the motherboard itself. The motherboard manufacturer's website or a quick online search should be able to provide this information.

If you are unable to find the information that way, you can try installing a system information utility, such as HWiNFO, and check the specifications of the M.2 slot under the "Motherboard" or "PCI" section.

• BD2019

Tinkerer

yes I tried, HWinfo,

that's not giving info,

• BD2019

Tinkerer

Answer ✓