Aspire XC-840 (mini pc) bios features empty in bios screen

rebootman
rebootman Member Posts: 2 New User
edited January 2023 in Aspire and Veriton Desktops

Hello I have an Acer XC-840 mini PC (Intel Pentium N6005 cpu), its one of those mini slim pcs the size of a keyboard, has laptop size motherboard inside.

The issue I am having is the bios is very empty and simple, its lacking basic power saving features like C states, is there a way to get these bios

features back or is it hidden or just never possible? thanks

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,777 Trailblazer

Any hidden BIOS menu user features are revealed by pressing Ctrl+S in any screen. And by setting and saving a BIOS supervisor password, then re-entering the BIOS menu with the password. Any other missing or hidden features might controlled under the operating system environment and 3rd party apps like MSI afterburner, etc.

Jack E/NJ

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,421 Trailblazer

I'll also ask the moderators to move this thread to the Aspire Desktops area, you will likiely get better responces there instead of in the gaming sections...

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • rebootman
    rebootman Member Posts: 2 New User

thanks, I did try control+S in all bios pages and sections, also tried alt and shift + F1 but no luck.

Also tried MSI afterburner tool but the features were locked so perhaps it does not support the mainboard.

I was attempting to find Cstates and other similar power features otherwise I waste more watts which is not ideal with the current UK/Euro high energy prices.

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,777 Trailblazer

>>>I was attempting to find Cstates and other similar power features otherwise I waste more watts which is not ideal with the current UK/Euro high energy prices.>>>

Heh-heh. While every little bit helps in theory , in practice any additional energy savings from possible BIOS settings will be so marginal relative to .what can be done inside the operating system environment, that it'd be unnoticeable on your energy bill even if you were paying more than a £/kWhr

Jack E/NJ