Trouble downloading apps from google play store on CP713-3W-5102

Options
SaraET
SaraET Member Posts: 3 New User

So I have downloaded apps from the google play store in the past and it still says "this app is available for all of your devices." The option I have to select says "install on more devices." (Like it's already installed on current device???) When I click on it, it gives me a list of previous iterations of my chromebook. I have reset it to factory setting a few times for various reasons. I then choose the most recent version of chromebook, click "install," enter Google password, and then I get the message that the app "will be installed on your device soon." The app is never installed!

Please help. I have no idea what to try next and really need to download an app to prep for a test.

I have tried with different logins and also went in a deselected all the earlier versions of my chromebook from my google account.

Thanks!

Answers

• Balatekie
    Balatekie ACE Posts: 1,353 Pioneer
    Options

Hello!!

@SaraET,

As it is a Chromebook, 1st & foremost thing to check for Chromebook updates. Please follow below steps and check whether Chromebook says it is up to date.

1. Turn on your Chromebook.
    2. Connect your Chromebook to Wi-Fi.
    3. At the bottom right, select the time. ...
    4. At the bottom left, select About ChromeOS.
    5. Under "Google ChromeOS," find which version of the Chrome operating system your Chromebook uses.
    6. Select Check for updates.

Hope this helps!!

Regards,

Balatekie

:) If you think I've answered your question, please hit the Accept Answer:)

• SaraET
    Options

Sorry, I meant to add that in my original post. It's definitely updated and I keep double and triple checking that it's updated even though it should be automatic. Thanks.

• Jack22
    Jack22 ACE Posts: 3,753 Pathfinder
    Options

@SaraET

Check the below link and follow the steps mentioned, it might fix your issue

Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • SaraET
    Options

So this did end up helping somewhat @Jack22 . I was looking for the goolg play store app options in the settings window and realized it wasn't there on my primary login and I was unable to select anything on my second user login. I have had issues ever since I added a second user, which is just a school account. When I deleted the school account, all of my apps reappeared or downloaded on my primary login (including linux which I downloaded to download Signal.)

I don't really understand why with adding the second login, the second login ends up having more administrative privileges? For example I was able to install Linux and then Signal android app on the second login but not my primary login. I hope this makes sense. I would really like to have the second login for classes and the primary one for everything else. Maybe the issue is that the school places restrictions?? I hope this makes sense! I may need to ask as a new question but I would like to know if I can make the two logins work.