Acer aspire 5 stucked on "Acer" logo No loading dots

Gl4dr
Gl4dr Member Posts: 3 New User
edited January 2023 in Aspire Laptops

Hello, i want to asi for help. I have Acer aspire 5 (SIN 80602******). For last month it gets slower. And one day NTB just stop booting. When i turn it on its stuck on acer logo. No loading dots. Just acer logo. For the first time i just let it be. After about 2 hours of idling, nothing has changed. So i start to testing. Only instance where i am supposed to get is BIOS. In there everything seems fine. I tried to F9 it and issue is still same. After a few hard reboot (i tried to get to Windows repair) it show it. But every click on anything, cost me about half an hour and change nothing. After few attemps NTB just reboots and i am not able get to it anymore. No it just add to Acer logo text: "please wait". I tried to Hard reset it by pin in "battery hole" on bottom side of notebook but it doesnt changed anything.

Please let me know if someone have an idea of possible solution.

I am using Windows 10 , notebook is about 4 years. I have issues just for last month.

[Edited comment to delete sensitive information]

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,781 Trailblazer

Please post a phone photo of BIOS INFORMATION tab.

Jack E/NJ

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,488 Trailblazer
    edited January 2023

When you do the "Hard Reset" and take the main battery out, you should also take the rtc/bios battery (short the + and - pins out at the mobo also) and also take the ram module(s) out too and leave all components unplugged for about 15min, after reconnect everything reboot as all this will reset the Super IO and BIOS chips that control all commands of your laptop to also boot.

If the above doesn't work then power ON your laptop and as Acer logo appears, Power OFF - Repeat 3 times

Now get your laptop to go into Advanced Recovery Environment

Troubleshoot -> Advanced options -> Command Prompt

And use this guide Run Windows 10 Startup Repair Using Command Prompt as this is a good guide, as imo it's your Win-10 startup files that are corrupted if you have already checked everything like your boot HDD for faults and that is ok which is the main cause of these problem also.

• JackE

Please post a phone photo of BIOS INFORMATION tab.

Jack E/NJ

• Gl4dr
    Gl4dr Member Posts: 3 New User
  • JackE

>>>But every click on anything, cost me about half an hour and change nothing.>>>

1. The HDD may be failing. Try this. Go to the BIOS Main tab and make sure the F12 and D2D options are both enabled.
    2. Then set and save a supervisor password. F10 to save settings and exit. Shut the machine off.
    3. Then turn it back on and tap F2 to re-enter the BIOS with the supervisor password to disable secure boot.
    4. Then save settings and exit. Shut machine off again.
    5. Then turn it back on and immediately press and hold ALT key while tapping the F10 key.
    6. Do you get a recovery screen with an option to reset the system while trying save your personal files?

Jack E/NJ