Low fps in almost every game on my Acer Nitro 5 AN515-55-74QA

calnachi2901
calnachi2901 Member Posts: 4 New User
edited December 2023 in Nitro Gaming
Hello,i have a big problem with my Acer Nitro 5 laptop,i have i7 10750H,16 gb ram and nvidia rtx 2060,i get like 30 fps in games like minecraft,dying light,gta 5 all settings on low 1920x1080 
The laptop its 100% on battery and plugged in.
I hope i can solve my issues 

Answers

• @calnachi2901
    Follow this guide completely and share your results their in comment-
    Windows 10 optimization guide for gaming — Acer Community
    windows 10/11 optimization guide for gaming 
    Windows 10/11 optimization guide for gaming — Acer Community

My AN515-43 laptop UserBenchmark-
    https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/51514566
  • calnachi2901
    Im sorry but it didn’t work,i have the same fps.the laptop its almost brand new i bought it 2 months ago.the temps are good,the drivers are up to date.What i think is the problem is that the game is runing on the intel uhd graphics and not on the rtx2060.my friend with an 1050 ti and an old I5 have like 100 fps in almost every game.

• Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    calnachi2901,

1. Find your monitor's refresh rate.
    2. Find out your current fps.
    3. Enable Game Mode in Windows 10.
    4. Make sure you have the latest video driver installed.
    5. Optimize your game settings.
    6. Reduce your screen resolution.
    7. Upgrade your graphics card.
  • calnachi2901
    Bro,this pc should eat games for dinner what do you mean to reduce my screen resolution and upgrade the graphics card...

• GABRYCA
    GABRYCA Member Posts: 26 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
    edited October 2021
    Bro,this pc should eat games for dinner what do you mean to reduce my screen resolution and upgrade the graphics card...

I think you may have some issues with your GPU settings, maybe the NVIDIA Control Panel is using for some reason the integrated GPU (Intel UHD 630 from the i7 10750H) instead of 2060.
    Also, if you use your laptop plugged in to the power, it will get better performance (more power for your hardware).

Anyway, try to give a look at this:
    1. Open NVIDIA Control Panel
    2. Choose on the left the option "Manage 3D settings".
    3. Now you should see some options, under the bold text "Use these 3D settings" or something like that, choose "global settings", usually this's selected by default.
    4. There's an "Automatic" option by default, which will switch from the integrated GPU to the Discrete one depending on the computer task, because I think you may have some kind of issue with this, click on it and select "Graphic Processor 2060" or discrete, whatever it is, and then click on the bottom right "apply".
    This may fix your issue but also increase the system power consumption, as it will try to use for all tasks your 2060 which may use more power than the UHD 630.

Hope this helps.
    Have a nice day.

AKA ANONYMOUSGCA

• calnachi2901
    GABRYCA said:

I think you may have some issues with your GPU settings, maybe the NVIDIA Control Panel is using for some reason the integrated GPU (Intel UHD 630 from the i7 10750H) instead of 2060.
    Also, if you use your laptop plugged in to the power, it will get better performance (more power for your hardware).

Anyway, try to give a look at this:
    1. Open NVIDIA Control Panel
    2. Choose on the left the option "Manage 3D settings".
    3. Now you should see some options, under the bold text "Use these 3D settings" or something like that, choose "global settings", usually this's selected by default.
    4. There's an "Automatic" option by default, which will switch from the integrated GPU to the Discrete one depending on the computer task, because I think you may have some kind of issue with this, click on it and select "Graphic Processor 2060" or discrete, whatever it is, and then click on the bottom right "apply".
    This may fix your issue but also increase the system power consumption, as it will try to use for all tasks your 2060 which may use more power than the UHD 630.

Hope this helps.
    Have a nice day.

i tried this already,i cant see a significantly increase,the thing is that in titles like League of Legends,CS:GO,Valorant and Warzone its ok but in Dying Light,Minecraft and Gta V in some area’s i have like 15 fps.What i noticed in these games the gpu is running at 50-60% and not in full load like in the games that is running in full load and i have good fps.
    Is there a trick to make my gpu to function in full load in certain games?I think that’s the issue
  • arkytek
    arkytek Member Posts: 2 New User
    please did you ever figure this out im struggling with the exact same issue, except mine being with the acer nitro 5 (5800h 3060)
  • Figura
    Figura Member Posts: 1 New User
    I have the same problem and have that realize that is about some bug with Directx 12. If u game have the option to choive btw D11 or D12, try change to 11 and tell us if it works
  • sezeor
    sezeor Member Posts: 1 New User

hi i have the same problem at all game and i am through with it did you solve it or anyone pls help me !!!

• Hylious
    Hylious Member Posts: 3 New User

Hello for me the problem was the (ssd m2) and the hdd, I upgraded the hdd to an ssd sata 3 and installed win 10 on the sata 3 (For good fps in games I installed only the windows 10 updates no external drivers and set on graphics settings high performance for games that I play) I've had 30-40 fps on CS:GO on verry low graph now I have 120+ on high settings

• Md4d
    Md4d Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

hello i have same problem with acer nitro 5 rtx3060

• 0DENIS9
    0DENIS9 Member Posts: 1 New User

Hello,

i have a big problem with fps on my Laptop Acer nitro 5 i9 with graphic card 30/70 the fps is almost 60 or 70 max in every game i dont know how to fix it

i hope somebody can help me with this

Thanx

• Sigaa
    Sigaa Member Posts: 1 New User

Try turning off whisper mode

• Alessiolb
    Alessiolb Member Posts: 2 New User
    edited December 2023

I had the same problem, if the game you're playing has and option to switch between directx1 and directx12, switch to directx12 and you should get more FPS, also go on the app nitrosense and activate performance mode

• Alessiolb
    Alessiolb Member Posts: 2 New User
    edited December 2023

Deleted contentt

This discussion has been closed.