Is this a bad thing for my laptop how to fix it but it still keeps saying no bootable device

Catlover301
Catlover301 Member Posts: 2 New User
edited December 2022 in Aspire Laptops

I tried everything I googled and YouTube on how to fix it but it still keeps saying no bootable device I really need help and i cant afford to buy a new one.

[Edited the thread to add the issue detail]

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,791 Trailblazer

What is your laptop or desktops model number. Most of the time when you get "No Bootable Device" its because of your boot drive that is either not connected properly, its faulty, so che3ck that first, as a mechanical boot HDD is prone to damage and errors. Give us more details of what specs your computer is e.g. HDD type and manufacturer is it an M.2 or a 2.5" SSD drive etc

• Catlover301
    Catlover301 Member Posts: 2 New User

I hope this will help and hope you can read it as well

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,791 Trailblazer

Your Aspire A315-41-R28F has 1x SSD M.2 type drive of either 128GB or 256GB capacity which should be a boot drive and provisions for an extra 1x 2.5" mechanical HDD the M.2 SSD drive don't go bad or faulty very often, but they can do, so you need to check the state of this drive by opening your laptop as its in the bottom left corner as shown below.

The 2.5" mechanical SATA-3 drive (if you have one?) is located in the top left corner of your laptop, as shown below.

First go into BIOS see if your boot drive is recognised in the “Boot” section of the BIOS, if its not then go to “Exit” section and “Load Setup Defaults” like this 

If the laptop still does not recognise your boot drive then unplug all the hard drives (if you have two) and also the main battery and the rtc/bios battery and ram, leave everything disconnected for at least 15min and when you connect the drives and ram connect the boot drive and only 1x ram module, if it still does not boot then it’s a problem with your ram or your boot drive and for further guides look at this “How To Fix “No Bootable Device” Error” good luck and hope this helps you out, as I know that its very frustrating.