Additional SSD through SATA Acer Swift 3 sf314-41 (pictures)

Mathwayyy
Mathwayyy Member Posts: 12

Tinkerer

edited December 2022 in Swift and Spin Series

Hi. I disassemled the laptop and noticed this empty slot which placed at the bottom left of the motherboard and signed with "aftp80 hdd1".

Is it possible to install additional ssd/hdd through this?

Best Answer

• Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,695 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓

OK! yes, you can install a ssd or a 2.5" hdd:

do you already have the sata cable? about ram memory:

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 

Answers

• Mathwayyy

Tinkerer

Forgot to attach the pictures of this slot

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,436 Trailblazer

Your motherboard doesn't even look close to the one for a SF314-43... :(

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • This motherboard is very different from the motherboard shown in the service guide, as I said in the other Topic. Can you send a picture of the bios info tab, so we can see your notebook model? on your question, yes it is hard drive installation socket.

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Mathwayyy

Tinkerer

Oops, looks like im a little bit retarted. The whole evening i thought that i have sf314-43 but eventually i mistaken in a digit and it's actually sf314-41. Feel so awkward. Sorry for my previous obstinacy, i really thought that it was 43 :(

• Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,695 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓

OK! yes, you can install a ssd or a 2.5" hdd:

do you already have the sata cable? about ram memory:

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Mathwayyy

Tinkerer

Thank you a lot! Btw where did you get this manual?

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,436 Trailblazer

That is the Service Guide and is not publicly available.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.