Acer XB240H wont change to 120hz for Xbox Series S the monitor says "Input Not Supported"

Busterflaps
Busterflaps Member Posts: 4 New User
edited December 2022 in Monitors

Hello,

Im having a problem with my Acer XB240H monitor.

I have just bought the Xbox Series S, and when im trying to change from 60hz to 120hz on the xbox, the monitor says "Input Not Supported"

Why is that?

Hope someone can help me :)

[Edited the thread to add the issue detail]

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,330 Trailblazer

You must set the Xbox at one of the resolutions that the monitor supports at 120Hz as shown in the table below.

Jack E/NJ

• Busterflaps

So that means that I have to use a DVI cable instead of the HDMI that I got with the xbox?

• JackE

Not necessarily. The monitor should support 120Hz at the resolutions shown below. However, the monitor does NOT support 4K or 3840x2160 resolutions if that's what your trying to feed the monitor from the xbox.

XB240H 120Hz resolutions

640x480

800x600

1024x768

1440x900

1920x1080

Jack E/NJ

• kutman
    kutman Member Posts: 2 New User

I have monitor acer nitro vg272u 144 hz. and xbox series x. but i cant choose 2k 120hz in xbox, only 2k 60 hz or full hd 120hz. i tried everything. plz somebody help me. 

• JackE

kutman

Sorry,. Your monitor is 2K QHD compatible at 60Hz & 144Hz. Your Xbox apparently isn't capable of QHD at 144Hz.

Jack E/NJ

• Busterflaps

I have just tried everything, and when i change to 120hz it says its not supported, that seems weird..

And im trying it on 1080p so that shouldn't matter

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,436 Trailblazer

According to Jack's image above:

120Hz or 144Hz both require a DP connection, not HDMI which only supports to 75Hz. A DP to HDMI adapter will do the same thing, 75Hz max.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Busterflaps

But on the bottom of the picture it says "DVI,DP can support up to V-Freq 120/144Hz"

• JackE

Yes, DisplayPort video signal inputs up to 120Hz max or 144Hz max. The key words are "up to". Means some models in the series may or may not reach these max rates. The user guides usually aren't specific to a single model in the series, hence the qualifying terms sometimes used in them.

Jack E/NJ