AN515-57 gets stuck after a few minutes and i can't do anything, can somebody help me?

Options
ChristopheLisens
ChristopheLisens Member Posts: 1 New User
edited November 2022 in Nitro Gaming

Hello, my Nitro AN515-57 get stuck after a few minutes and i can't do anything(ctrl alt del) doesn't react, i can only hold the power button till it turns of..... can somebody help me?

[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Answers

• StevenGen
    Options

First do a Battery Reset like this and as is instructed in the AN515-57s Service Guide:

If the above doesn't work, then you need to open the back cover and take the main battery out and the RTC/BIOS battery and the ram out and leave all these components disconnected for 15 min then reconnect all and reboot, as this will reset the super IO and BIOS and will make your laptop reboot.

Also make sure that the latest windows updates, Intel driver updates (use Intel Driver & Support Assistant for that) and all NVidia drivers are up to date so that your OS has all the appropriate updates. As this is the main cause of your laptop behaving like it is.

Also, and when your laptop is not crashing and working 100% you will need to update the bios to the last Version: 1.19 – tiled: 1. Update Capsule flashing priority to fix recovery fail. Dated: 2022/11/10 that will fix some of your problems also BUT BE WARNED that updating bios is a very dangerous update to do and can brick your laptops and as Acer warns consumers “Upgrading your system BIOS incorrectly could harm your Acer product. Please proceed with caution” so I take NO responsibility if you brick your laptop especially if your laptop is still and as you say “get stuck after a few minutes and i can't do anything” as you need to do a bios update ONLT WHEN the laptop has NO DANGER of doing crashing especially in the middle of a bios update. Good luck and hope this helps you out.