My Predator Triton 500SE freezes and screen stays with gray/white stripes

Options
tiseis
tiseis Member Posts: 21 Troubleshooter
edited November 2022 in Predator Laptops

My laptop keeps freezing when I'm using it. It happens either when I'm playing a game or just using google chrome. When it freezes, I have to turn it off by the button. I also have to wait about 20 minutes to turn it on again, because if not, the screen stays with gray/white stripes, or even the predator screen stays red (as shown below in the picture). What can I do?

[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Answers

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,119 Trailblazer
    edited November 2022
    Options

Hi,

Could you please post the full model name, like PT51x-xx, in the meantime, go to Device Manager, expand Display adapters, right click Intel UHD graphics and select Properties, move to Driver tab and post the version of the driver.

• tiseis
    Options
  • brummyfan2
    Options

Hi,

The driver seems fine, could you please download and install HWmonitor, run it and post the CPU temperatures section like mine.

HWMONITOR | Softwares | CPUID

• tiseis
    Options

I just turned on my laptop (because it froze)

• tiseis
    Options

3 min on, just running google chrome

• brummyfan2
    Options

Go to Power Options, Change advanced power settings, expand Processor power management, reduce the Maximum processor state by 1% and check the temperatures.

• tiseis
    Options

I did it. The temperatures are lower this time, but going up.

• tiseis
    Options

Now it is like this

• tiseis
    edited November 2022
    Options

Now it is basically the same temperatures as the first picture (everything around 90°C)

• brummyfan2
    Options

Hi,

It's OK, temperatures spike to 90+ occassionally, could you be able to connect the laptop with HDMI cable to an external display/TV and check whether this happens on the external display as well?

• tiseis
    Options

I will try that, but I just realized that my laptop doesn't freeze when it's only on battery (when it's not plugged on the power plug), and it reaches a maximum of 59°C.

• Commodore_1995#
    Options

Hi! Is this problem still in the bios?

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • tiseis
    Options

I've never entered on the Bios, it just happens when I'm using it while I have it plugged in to charge, I think it overheats.

• Commodore_1995#
    Options

Does this problem also manifest itself on an external monitor?

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • tiseis
    Options

It doesn't. The other monitor just freezes, but it doesn't show those bugs.

• tiseis
    Options

Hey Brummy, the external display just freezes, but it doesn't show these lines.

• brummyfan2
    Options

This seems to be a driver problem, try reinstalling the drivers for NVIDIA graphics and Intel graphics after downloading from Acer support site:Support | Acer United States

• Commodore_1995#
    Options

Does this issue occur on windows 10 or 11?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• tiseis
    Options

Hi, it occurs on Windows 10. I already reinstalled NVIDIA drivers but when I installed the Intel drivers my laptop restarted and it's just black screen right now. What can I do?

• brummyfan2
    Options

Turn off the laptop disconnect from mains, press power button for 9 seconds, leave the laptop to rest for a while, reconnect AC adapter and start the laptop, Windows will install the driver, by the way which Intel driver you tried to install? Was it from Acer Support site?