BIOS password and boot Issue need help please TravelMate P645 model A4DBH

Ray1122
Ray1122 Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

edited November 2022 in TravelMate and Extensa

Hi Everyone, first time posting here.

Posting this question after lots of research and still not fixing the issue.

I have TravelMate P645 model A4DBH

Yesterday, I was resetting my laptop then process got stuck when resetting so I restarted it. after restarting was not able to login to windows.

I created a bootable USB to reinstall the windows, upon accessing the bios, I saw there was a password on it. to reset the password I opened the computer and saw the battery is soldered and was also not able to find the pins for the jumpers. I have also tried the typing wrong passwords and then entering the key in bios-pwd.org. that also didn't work.

Please can anyone give me solutions, now the laptop is keep restarting and I am not able to select USB to boot to as the Bios have a password.

Please help.

[Edited the thread to add model name to the title]

Answers

• Ray1122

Tinkerer

Here is the picture of the board, if anyone can show me the jumpers that would be great.

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,077 Trailblazer

Hi,

BIOS password is a security feature, so we are not allowed to help with it in the community, I would suggest you contact Acer Support centre and tell them the situation, give them the code you are getting when you try to enter wrong password with the 504...... shown in your picture, they will give you another code to enter and your BIOS will be unlocked, this will be done over the phone.

Select Your Location and Language | Acer United States

• What happens when you press alt f10 before the acer logo?

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Ray1122

Tinkerer

Hi @brummyfan2 thank you very much, I will give them a call on Monday and hopefully the will be able to help.

Many thanks.

• Ray1122

Tinkerer

@egydiocoelho when I click F10 nothing happens, it keeps restarting until I click F2 and then it ask for the password.

• Ray1122

Tinkerer

Can anyone tell me if they know a way to boot from USB without removing the password, I clicked F10 and F8 and it is not working.

• Ray1122

Tinkerer

UPDATE: I have called ACER this morning and they said they can't fix it over the phone or give me the password for the BIOS I have to send it over the post which cost £60 and £72 for the repair £132 Total, or $152 for such a small issue,

They said we can give out key for hard drive lock but not for BIOS

I was expecting better from ACER, worst service and crappy laptop design for using soldered CMOS battery and no jumpers location to reset the password.

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,077 Trailblazer

I am sorry to hear about it, could you be able to find any laptop repair shop near you, you can try them if it's possible.