Rain water got inside my laptop for too long Nitro 5 AN515

bonnnnnnnnn
bonnnnnnnnn Member Posts: 3 New User
edited October 2022 in Nitro Gaming

Water got inside my laptop, I don't know how long I just woke up and there was water on top of it, I immediately wiped it with some cloth and tried opening it. It works well but when I checked the care center the status on my SSD now says "Not Supported" it was not like that before it got wet.

Model:- Nitro 5 AN515

[Edited the thread to add model name to the title]

Best Answer

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,828 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓

You missed the last two digits as Nitro 5 AN515-xx means nothing, you have an AMX RX gpu type Nitro 5. With liquid damage its important to let the liquid dry up 100% before booting the laptop up, does your laptop boot up and work?

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,836 Trailblazer

Simply let the laptop sit in a warm dry area for a day or so before trying to turn it on again. An attic on a sunny day would be good.

Jack E/NJ

• bonnnnnnnnn
    bonnnnnnnnn Member Posts: 3 New User
    edited October 2022

it's good now, thank you for our answer it helped me😄.

this missing two digits are 57(Nitro AN515-57)

• If the laptop was mine, I'd take it apart and check if the water made contact with the main board:

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :)