My laptop continuously typing asterisk (*), how do I solve it?

gelai
gelai Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

I have tried disabling the key, uninstalling the keyboard driver, turning filter keys and etc., even formatting my laptop, but it won't work. I still haven't tried using external keyboard, as I am still buying one. But I really want to solve it cause it's a big hassle using external keyboard every time

Answers

• Jack22
    Jack22 ACE Posts: 3,997 Pathfinder

@gelai

Are you able to open up the virtual keyboard?

Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • When you enable safe boot through msconfig and restart windows, does the same problem occur?

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • gelai

Tinkerer

yes, also tried using external keyboard but the asterisk still went on

• gelai

Tinkerer

I haven't tried, I am having a hard time typing anything in my pc either the internal or external keyboard

• Try disconnecting the lithium battery and keyboard connector:

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :)