ACER Aspire VX 15 (GTX 1050 / i5) wont start games or programms with newer Nvidia Drivers.

hubwood
hubwood Member Posts: 14

Tinkerer

Hello everone!
I have a weird problem.

One of my Acer VX 15 (i have 2 of them, identical ones) has the problem, that it wont open most games or programms any more.
I tried reinstalling windows. No Fix.

The only thing that works is to uninstall the Nvidia Drivers with DDU (Display Driver Uninsntaller) and use the drivers provided by windows update (they are some 3xx.xx from 2016).

What is happening with anything than the Windows "Stock" Drivers: 
Games open, but the screen stays either white or black. I can hear the sound. But i can't see nothing.

Any suggestions?

The weird thing is: 
My other VX 15 works just fine.

Hardware:
VX15
GTX 1050
16GB 
i5 7300HQ
128GB SSD (Stock)
1TB HDD (Stock) has 720 reallocated sectors though. But the problems also appear if I only use the ssd.

Thanks so much in advance! Im out of ideas!

Best Answer

• Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,695 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Do this:
    a) download the latest DCH drivers here:
    https://downloadmirror.intel.com/29674/a08/igfx_win10_100.8336.zip
    http://us.download.nvidia.com/Windows/451.67/451.67-notebook-win10-64bit-international-dch-whql.exe
    b) then, disable wireless and then uninstall and delete the intel and nvidia drivers through the device manager:

c) then restart windows and install the latest drivers.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 

Answers

• GAMING6698
    GAMING6698 ACE Posts: 6,077 Pathfinder
    @hubwood
    Did you install newer driver for nvidia site?
    If yes, did you select GTX 1050 series (notebook) Sometime users download and install gtx 1050 series which is for desktop 
    windows 10/11 optimization guide for gaming 
    Windows 10/11 optimization guide for gaming — Acer Community

My AN515-43 laptop UserBenchmark-
    https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/51514566
  • hubwood

Tinkerer

I installed the newest Laptop drivers using the NVIDIA Site. (1050 laptop)
    I also tried updating directly via Geforce Experience.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,695 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Do this:
    http://us.download.nvidia.com/Windows/451.67/451.67-notebook-win10-64bit-international-dch-whql.exe
    b) then, disable wireless and then uninstall and delete the intel and nvidia drivers through the device manager:

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • hubwood

Tinkerer

Do this:

I will try that! Thank you in advance!
  • ok my friend

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• hubwood

Tinkerer

Dude! It worked! Thank you so very much! <3
  • You are welcome my friend.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• snoib
    snoib Member Posts: 2 New User
    I also have this issue.  I have the same laptop as the original poster.  My windows version is not compatible with the nvidia link you posted.  Do you have an updated link for the current windows version, or where could I find one?

Thank you in advance.
  • @snoib a) download the latest DCH drivers here:
    https://downloadmirror.intel.com/29784/a08/igfx_win10_100.8476.zip
    updated drivers!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• snoib
    snoib Member Posts: 2 New User
    The intel driver is not compatible with my laptop.  I have an i7 unlike the original poster.  I tried what you said to do with just the nvidia driver and it still does not work.  The nvidia driver was compatible, but did not resolve the issue.

Thank you for your help so far and I hope you can find a solution for me!
  • @snoibDo this:

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Prettyboiflord
    Prettyboiflord Member Posts: 1 New User
    edited September 2022

Hello @egydiocoelho

I also have the i7 configuration and :

1) After restart, the drivers are coming back automaticly .

2) igxpin.exe wont install because the driver is inapropriate.

When you say "b) then, disable wireless" what do yo mean ?

Hope that you are still here

• When you say "b) then, disable wireless" what do yo mean ?

You must press the fn+f3 keys to disable the wireless network card, so that windows update does not automatically re-install the drivers.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer