Replace French keyboard on my Swift 5 2020 model SF514-55T

Oggi
Oggi Member Posts: 3 New User
edited September 2022 in Swift and Spin Series

Hi,

I wish to replace the French keyboard on my Swift 5 (2020 model) with a UK English one. The colour is blue with gold lettering.

Any ideas on whether its best to replace the caps on certain keys or replace the entire keyboard? Where can I get these parts? Thanks in advance.

[Edited the thread to add model name to the title]

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,687 Trailblazer
    edited September 2022

It would help which exact Swift 5 model number you have? Here is info on a 2020 Swift 5 SF514-54T OEM UK uppercases (if available?) that comes with either Gold or Blue uppercases as you have to buy the whole assembly:

1. UPPER CASE ASSY (GOLD) Keyboard CHICONY SV3P_A72LWL SV3P Internal 13 Standard 84KS Blue UK White Backlit ODM Adhesive, power icon, Media - 6B.HJ2N8. 031 - HQ316094 95007
    2. UPPER CASE ASSY (BLUE) Keyboard CHICONY SV3P_A72LWL SV3P Internal 13 Standard 84KS Blue UK White Backlit ODM Adhesive, power icon, Media - 6B.HHVN8. 031 - HQ316095 27007

UPPER CASE ASSY

• Oggi

Hi Steven,

Thanks for your reply. The model number is SF514-55T (plus some additional numbers... "51K1" ).

Which of the above 2 upper case assys would work, or will I need a completely different part?

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,687 Trailblazer
    edited September 2022

I only listed those parts above as an example as your SF514-55T has a different upper-case/keyboard part numbers and Acer only lists Green or Gold colours and not Blue like above for your laptop and they are the following part numbers. You said that the French one is blue/gold so get the gold one below.

• Oggi

OK thank you!

• It's a delicate procedure. You need to completely disassemble the laptop, removing the motherboard and fans:

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :)