Lines on my Acer Predator PH315-54 display, Need help.

Kaiser_Richard
Kaiser_Richard Member Posts: 7

Tinkerer

edited October 2022 in Predator Laptops

I bought an Acer predator helios 300 laptop a month and half ago. Everything worked fine for a month then from nowhere my screen froze and white stripes + growing black/brown spots apeared. It happens sometimes once a week.. sometimes a 2-3 times a day. Always happens while watching video on youtube/media player, or a video is running in the background (at least it seems that way). Closing the laptop (goes to sleep) and reopening or restarting the laptop fixes the problem. No idea what does it, updating the drivers did nothing. LCD overdrive is off. Does anyone know what can fix/cause this?

Exact model: Predator PH315-54 -  NH.QC2EC.00N

(the red on the picture is to hide personal stuff)

[Thread was edited to add model name to the title and to include the topic issue]

Answers

• Hi,

Go to Device Manager, expand Display adapters and right click the graphics card, select Properties, move to Driver tab and uninstall the driver, reboot and let Windows install the driver.

• Can you also tell me the bios version? There are two versions that mention some fix for the display.

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Kaiser_Richard

Tinkerer

Hi. Did not help. Windows did reinstall the drivers, but got this white stripes and black spots again after like 2 hours.

• Kaiser_Richard

Tinkerer

• Kaiser_Richard

Tinkerer

It happaned again. It left a "Ghost image" on my screen for a few minutes. (basicly a semi transparent version of the thing my screen displayed when it froze)

• XdxD
    XdxD Member Posts: 1,584 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon

If under warranty, get the display panel replaced by Acer service centre for free.

Trying to do my best here - Your happy Predator owner =)!
  • Does this problem also occur in the bios?

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Kaiser_Richard

Tinkerer

Not sure what you meant. But: The problem occurs only a few times a week. The display works fine 99% of the time. The problem occurs randomly from nowhere. After restarting the PC, or restarting the display, it goes away. It never happened while updating the BIOS or in BIOS settings.

• Kaiser_Richard

Tinkerer

edited September 2022

It should be under warranty. But the display works fine 99.99% time. + After the problem happens (in a second, the stripes and growing black stuff apear), restarting the PC or the display fixes it. No stripes, no black stuff and no "ghost image", usually for a day or two.

Could it be caused by a windows, driver, BIOS update / settings change or some program running in the background causing an error/the problem?

• XdxD

I don't think it's a software issue. Better get the display replaced for peace of mind.

• Kaiser_Richard

Tinkerer

So I contacted Acer Support via E-mial. They advised me to change my browser and see if the problem still persist. (because the problem only occured while using firefox or having it playing video in the background). I dont think Firefox is the problem, but will try.

• XdxD

Just tell them that it happens outside Firefox too and you want a replacement under warranty. This shouldn't happen with a new laptop at all.

• Try disabling hardware acceleration in all browsers.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• XdxD

Since OP has image ghosting too, replacement of display would be better. I got mine replaced for free as well and this display panel doesn't have image ghosting at all.

• Royz5029
    Royz5029 Member Posts: 2 New User

Hi @Kaiser_Richard I am having the same issue. Have you found a fix? Please help thank youu