Nitro 5 stuck on acer logo is it possibly a corrupted BIOS?

Titsnium
Titsnium Member Posts: 4 New User

Hello, I use linux on my acer nitro 5, its been going great for a few months now, until yesterday when I did an update and that brought me to a boot loop, I managed to fix that and was already reinstalling linux..

After I reinstalled linux, I restarted the laptop, I should mention I placed linux on the hdd, boom It was not getting past the acer logo, turned it off and turned it on again by holding the power button. It turned on and then turned off by itself, I tried to turn it on again and this time it stayed on, but stuck on the acer logo.

I have tried every f2, alt + f9/10, ctrl + alt + del out there, I can't even get into the bios.

Is my bios corrupted? What should I do? I really need your help as I am running out of options, thank you.

Answers

• wascas
    wascas Member Posts: 1,227 Overclocked Contributor WiFi Icon

What is the exact model name? Example AN515-56-50HK.

• Try disconnecting the lithium battery, the rtc battery, the ssds and the hdd. Then just reconnect the rtc battery and the lithium battery. The bios will be reset and the computer will turn off and on a few times. Then try to access the bios.

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Titsnium
    Titsnium Member Posts: 4 New User

Hello, I'm having problems getting my laptop opened.

I already removed the screws but prying it open is so difficult, what should I do?? Are there any tricks to this??

• Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :)