TC-780 won't start up.

Hollympx
Hollympx Member Posts: 3 New User
PC won't start up. When I press the on/off switch nothing happens except the switch light flashes on every 5 seconds. 

Best Answer

Answers

• Tom2019
    Tom2019 Member Posts: 227 Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Hi @Hollympx

Please Remove the Power Cable from Tower and press and hold the Power button for 45 Second and then connect the power Cable and start the Pc 

"Hit Accept if its Helpful"
  • Hollympx
    Thank you for the suggestion Tom2019. That didn't work. However, I accidently gave the tower a sharp bump and when I tried again after that it started up. I have just completed backing up the hard drive and will try shutting down and starting up again.
  • Tom2019
    Tom2019 Member Posts: 227 Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Answer ✓
    Hi @Hollympx

Good to know that your computer  :)

"Hit Accept if Issue is resolved"
  • micgyver5
    micgyver5 Member Posts: 1 New User

I tried that with mine but it didn't work also and I even hit it slightly a bit and still won't work I just got this PC and this sucks for it to be broken already

• Hollympx

Sorry to hear that micgyver5. I haven't had a problem since but still backup regularly - just in case.

• Check the power cable and chase it to its motherboard plug (see caption below) and see if its making 100% contact and see if the power button is functioning 100% also. You need a multi meter to check this. As any power on problems, you need to chase from its primary source and then chase it to all its aspects of the power on/off process. If the cable is faulty then I would replace it with a new sone