I cant figure out which drivers to install on my new swift 3.

Nikoloz
Nikoloz Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

I just purchased a swift 3 with no os on it, and installed windows 10. Now, my touchpad, wifi, and others things aren't working. I cant figure out which drivers to install because theres 2 versions of each driver, for example: intel wireless driver and mtk wireless driver. My laptop is on ryzen 5.

Best Answer

Answers

• wascas
    wascas Member Posts: 1,226 Overclocked Contributor WiFi Icon

What is the exact model name? Example SF316-51-72YJ.

If you install windows, all necessary drivers for your machine should be installed by Windows automatically. If a driver does not work properly, check the device manager to see which device it is. In your case, you have to check whether you have Intel or MTK wlan card built in. Then go to the support page for your model, download the specified driver (for Intel or MTK) from there and install it.

• Nikoloz

Tinkerer

Its a SF314-43-R02D. I checked device manager, but the cards domt seem to show up.

• Windows update usually provides the correct download of drivers. Access optional windows updates.

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • wascas

Can you send a picture of the opened device manager?

• Nikoloz

Tinkerer

There, i re-installed the latest windows, since the copy i had before was from 2015. the touchpad still isnt working, im having to use tab enter and arrow keys to navigate.

• Nikoloz

Tinkerer

It works! It didnt work before when i pressed the touchpad on off button, but now it works!!!

• Nikoloz

Tinkerer

But the wifi still doesnt. And brightness doesnt change when i try to :( i think i still need to install all the drivers i guess?

• wascas
    Answer ✓

Install the bluetooth driver from the support site of your model. Either Intel or MTK should work. Install the WLAN driver from the support site of your model. Either Intel or MTK should work.

https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/support-product/8862?b=1

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,698 Trailblazer

If you bring up Properties on that Bluetooth adapter the Details; Property; Device IDs will give a hint as to which manufacturer it is. If Intel there will be an 8086 or 8087 number in it (usually).

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.