Display bug in acer Vg240yp 144hz

Options
Aiden7825
Aiden7825 Member Posts: 21 Troubleshooter
edited September 2022 in Monitors

Dimms for some weird reason have to play around with everything for ages to get it to go normal. Using Xbox series s , tried reset ,driver update on a laptop , using hdr , turning it off , freesync on and off nothing works

[Thread was edited to add model name to the title and to include the topic issue]

Answers

• ragsak28
    ragsak28 Ally Posts: 677
    Options

Hi @Aiden7825

If you have tried to update the drivers then I would recommend you to reinstall the display drivers to check if that makes any difference.

NOTE: After uninstalling the driver try to reboot the laptop and then you can check with the monitor.

Hope it will help you in some way.

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,574 Trailblazer
    Options

>>>Using Xbox series s>>>

How's it look from a Windows PC?

Jack E/NJ

• Aiden7825
    Options
  • JackE
    Options

>>>>[Windows PC] has no abnormalities>>>

The bug seems to be in the Xbox GPU video signal output. What Xbox series model do you have?

Jack E/NJ

• Aiden7825
    Options
  • JackE
    Options
    1. Just noticed that you also haven't revealed the monitor model number either. That might help.
    2. What resolution and FPS are you trying to drive the monitor with the Xbox?

Jack E/NJ

• JackE
    Options

I suggest squashing the end of a cotton swab or Q-tip. Then lightly moisten it with rubbing alcohol. Then gently insert and rub the top and bottom contacts of the Xbox & Monitor HDMI port's tongue to help clean all the contacts. Blow dry them. Then re-seat the cable connectors into the ports a half-dozen or so times for good measure. Then see if the shadowing seems less.

Jack E/NJ

• Aiden7825
    Options

Just tried that now and it’s not worked ould it be a software issue ?

• JackE
    Options

Not sure. Can you HDMI out from the Xbox to a TV set or another monitor to see if the shadowing disappears?

Jack E/NJ

• Aiden7825
    Options

this only happens on the monitor. Is it worth mentioning that it still does it in standby mode when the Xbox is off ? The shawdoing still happened no clue why .

• JackE
    Options

>>>this only happens on the monitor. Is it worth mentioning that it still does it in standby mode when the Xbox is off ?>>>

The monitor screen can only save the image screen that the Xbox feeds it. The monitor doesn't create this image screen.

Please show a phone photo of the same or similar screen on a TV set or other monitor as shown below.

The fact that this shadowing doesn't happen when a PC GPU is feeding the monitor, rather strongly suggests the Xbox GPU is in fact feeding the monitor a shadowed screen.

Jack E/NJ

• Aiden7825
    Options

Sorry I haven’t been able to upload the Xbox is normal with a tv but this is the monitor with all hdmi unplugged after I’ve power cycled the monitor and reset it to factory settings. It’s still got the shadowing also thanks a bunch for helping there’s nothing anywhere I’ve looked that can explain this lol

• JackE
    Options

That's typical LED backlight bleed with no video signal. Just about all monitors show bleeding of some sort with no video signal. That's not particularly unusual.

Try this. Connect the monitor to a PC again. Then google search 'black.jpg'. Download a black.jpg image file. Then open the black.jpg image file in full screen mode in Paint. What does it look like with a black video signal?

Jack E/NJ

• Aiden7825
    Options

It is now shadowing on a laptop aswell

• JackE
    Options

Seems like fairly normal amounts of backlight leakage for both screens from my vantage point. Should change a bit depending on viewing angle. What do they look like full screen?

Jack E/NJ

• Aiden7825
    Options

Top is a black screen bottom is a pure white screen could It be a software issue

• JackE
    Options

What does white.jpg look like on the HP lid screen?

Jack E/NJ

• Aiden7825
    Options

Clear, the monitor is dimming by itself because when I switch it on it’ll be normal then just switch to that’s weird dimming with only the centre normal

• JackE
    Options

Do you mean it's normal at first, then auto-dims a second or two later?

Jack E/NJ