Why wont my Acer Predator Helios 300 g3-571-77QK Turn on?

imherecauseitbroke
imherecauseitbroke Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

edited August 2023 in Predator Laptops

I have had this laptop for about 4-5 years now and have had 0 issues. Now it will not turn on. When I plug it in it indicates that the batter is fully charged. When I hit the power, the indicator will turn on for about 3-4 seconds then it will shut off. I have tried the pin hole on the back and I have also unplugged the battery as well. Any other solutions?

[Edited the thread to add model name to the title]

Answers

• Balatekie
    Balatekie ACE Posts: 1,353 Pioneer

Hello!!

@imherecauseitbroke,

Sad to know that your Predator stopped working. You can try resetting the BIOS to default. To do that;

1. Ensure that laptop is completely OFF and there is NO light indication.
    2. Then plug in the charger.
    3. Press the Power button for 2 seconds and then immediately start tap the ALT + F10 keys.
    4. Keep on tap those 2 buttons, until unit loads in to Setup Utility screen.
    5. Once unit loads in to BIOS, press F9 key & ENTER key to setup Default.
    6. Then F10 & ENTER to Save & Exit the BIOS.

Hope this BIOS reset should make your computer to boot into Windows.

Regards,

Balatekie

:) If you think I've answered your question, please hit the Accept Answer:)

• What is the exact model? Example AN515-55-58VH.

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • imherecauseitbroke

Tinkerer

Sorry! I forgot to mention that my screen or keyboard will turn on as well. I did try anyway and it did not work

• imherecauseitbroke

Tinkerer

It is the g3-571-77QK. Screen and Keyboard do not turn on as well, just to be clear.

• Have you checked that this switch is being properly pressed?

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • imherecauseitbroke

Tinkerer

Mine does not have that switch. Could it be touch sensitive or something like that?

• Some models don't come with this button next to the ram. Have you tried disconnecting the lithium battery:

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• imherecauseitbroke

Tinkerer

• I suggest you check out these videos:

Ideally, send the laptop to a repair center.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• ReVenGe
    ReVenGe Member Posts: 4 New User

hmm, maybe reseat your ram? i had a similar siutation . except my problem was. exactly that, my laptop was charged. would charge. and when i clicked the power button it would power on half-way.. fans would run very slow. the lights would flicker on the keyboard for s second then everything would shutoff fast then restart itself. nothing showed up on screen. couldnt press anything. NOTHING worked... except i watched one kid reseat his ram sticks and it worked.. maybe take the sticks out blow em out then reseat them n name sure theyre snugg in there spots.. if not well.. then idk bud.. kinda hard when u cant get it "on" or naything on screen then that could be anything...

• This content has been removed.