wifi and touchscreen Drivers not working on Aspire Switch 10 SW5-014

MemesOnTheInternet
MemesOnTheInternet Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

edited November 2023 in Switch Series

Hi y'all,

So I upgraded my old laptop to another version of Windows 10 and when I try to install the wifi driver provided by Acer, It gives me an error. When I try to install the touchscreen drivers on it, another error is shown.

Can anyone help me??

[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,328 Trailblazer

What do you mean by upgrade? Did you try to install the generic Microsoft Win10 version instead of the ACER OEM factory Win10 version? They are not the same. You can try to recover the original ACER OEM factory Win10 version by shutting laptop off, then turn it back on and IMMEDIATELY press and hold ALT key while tapping F10 key. A menu should appear to allow you to reset the Acer OEM Win10 if the hidden OEM recovery partition is still intact.

Jack E/NJ

• MemesOnTheInternet

Tinkerer

Let me guess. I am screwed. I tried to go back to the previous build. there was nothing. So what do I do now? throw it in the trash??

• Can you tell the IDHARDWARE of the wireless network card?

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • JackE

Press WIN+R. Enter 'msinfo32'. Expand component folder in left pane. Expand network subfolder. Expand adapter subfolder. What is name of wifi adapter in right pane?. For example Intel, Qualcomm, Broadcom and model number?

Jack E/NJ

• MemesOnTheInternet

Tinkerer

There is nothing listed. only WAN Miniports, 2 Microsoft WiFi Direct Virtual Adapters, and Generic Mobile Broadband Adapter,

• Can you send a screenshot from device manager?

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • JackE

>>>Generic Mobile Broadband Adapter,>>>

This is the wifi adapter but it should have more information.

Jack E/NJ

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,436 Trailblazer

No, I believe that is a 3G or 4G adapter. The WiFi/Bluetooth is separate.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Install this driver first: Platform DriversIntelPlatform Drivers Installer2.0.0.1067210.7 MB2017/02/21download

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Can you copy and paste the idhardware of the devices that are having problems? Example:

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• billsey

Try right clicking the installer and select Run as Administrator.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • billsey

Do you have any updates pending in Windows Update? Have you rebooted as suggested by the installer?

• MemesOnTheInternet

Tinkerer

Nope. Not even one.

• Can you copy and paste the idhardware of the devices that are having problems? Example:

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• JackE

>>>Did you try to install the generic Microsoft Win10 version instead of the ACER OEM factory Win10 version? They are not the same.>>>

>>>Let me guess. I am screwed.>>>

Maybe. Click on this link. Choose your country/region. Click the support link near the top of the country page. Try to find an Acer service center or an Acer online store in your region. Ask them if they can get you the original factory OEM Win10 version recovery USB installation stick for your particular model. In the US or Canada, you can order it directly online for about $50usd. In other countries, you have to ask.

Jack E/NJ