nitro 5 an515-54 Netflix And Amazon Prime Issue

chindureddy
chindureddy Member Posts: 3 New User
edited August 2022 in Nitro Gaming
Netflix and amazon prime video windows 11 store apps go into black if I switch them into a full-screen mode within 5 seconds(but audio and subtitles will show up and it runs)
But if I switch them into window mode and it runs fine at least which is irritating
nitro 5 an515-54
no windows 11 drivers on the website to try

tried these steps
reinstalled drivers of both Nvidia and intel one
updated drivers 
installed old drivers
installed drivers from intel website nothing is working

it is showing like this

[Edited the content to add model name to the title]

Best Answer

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,687 Trailblazer
    edited August 2022 Answer ✓
    Netflix and amazon prime video windows 11 store apps go into black if I switch them into a full-screen mode within 5 seconds(but audio and subtitles will show up and it runs)
    But if I switch them into window mode and it runs fine at least which is irritating
    nitro 5 an515-54

tried these steps
    updated drivers 
    installed old drivers

it is showing like this
    How did you upgrade to Win-11 on your AN515-54? As doing a "Windows Update Upgrade" is probably the problem that you are having within the OS, as I had this problems(s) with an Acer Win-10 pre installed AN515-56 (that Acer has Win-11 specific drivers for) what I suggest to you is to do a bios update to the latest AN515-54 version 1.33 (be warned and be careful with the bios update that your laptop doesn't go into any BSOD's or crashes and do the bios update to Acer guide) then put the "IRST (Intel® Rapid Storage Technology) Driver Version: 17.5.2.1024" onto another separate USB than the Win-11 installation USB and do a Clean Install of Win-11" get your laptop to go into the Win-11 installation USB installation process through Win-10 then start the install process > completely format the boot drive > after the format of the boot drive install the IRST (Intel® Rapid Storage Technology) Driver so you can proceed with the Win-11 install.

After Win-11 is fully installed make sure that all Win-11 Updates are done and all the Acer OEM outstanding drivers are also installed (look in Device Manager for the Acer AN515-54 page for outstanding drivers) then also install the Intel® Driver & Support Assistant do a scan and make sure that all Intel Win-11 drivers are up to date especially the graphics driver! After that install the latest Win-11 NVIDIA graphics drivers for your AN515-54, as all this is what you should have done so that Win-11 OS runs properly and without any hitches, as just doing an update will give you all these problems.

Also make sure that you go to This PC > C:\ > Disk Cleanup > clean disk first and then "Cleanup system files" to completely delete all unnecessary files including and if the ol.Win10 files are still there, as after all this you should have a clean Win-11 only system as that is what I've done and have had no problems with Win-11 within graphics or games but especially in your AN515-54 that runs the 8th Gen Intel CPU that is the min compatible platform as you should not be having any of these problems.

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,330 Trailblazer
    o windows 11 drivers on the website to try>>>

This is likely the main problem despite the Microsoft hype and flashing update notices that you're machine is ready for Win11. The Win11 updates for your proprietary mainboard should eventually appear fairly soon. But like the rest of us you'll have to keep checking cuz we don't know when they'll appear. While you wait, you might try to download and install DriverBooster freeware and similar driver tools to see if they can pick up anything better on line. Sometimes disabling hardware acceleration in System Settings will resolve this issue but probably cause adverse side effects in other apps. Such are the annoyances with installing a half-baked operating system like Win11 when a nearly but not quite fully baked Win10 would've been better left alone.   :)

Jack E/NJ

• StevenGen
    edited August 2022 Answer ✓
    nitro 5 an515-54

tried these steps
    updated drivers 
    installed old drivers

it is showing like this
    How did you upgrade to Win-11 on your AN515-54? As doing a "Windows Update Upgrade" is probably the problem that you are having within the OS, as I had this problems(s) with an Acer Win-10 pre installed AN515-56 (that Acer has Win-11 specific drivers for) what I suggest to you is to do a bios update to the latest AN515-54 version 1.33 (be warned and be careful with the bios update that your laptop doesn't go into any BSOD's or crashes and do the bios update to Acer guide) then put the "IRST (Intel® Rapid Storage Technology) Driver Version: 17.5.2.1024" onto another separate USB than the Win-11 installation USB and do a Clean Install of Win-11" get your laptop to go into the Win-11 installation USB installation process through Win-10 then start the install process > completely format the boot drive > after the format of the boot drive install the IRST (Intel® Rapid Storage Technology) Driver so you can proceed with the Win-11 install.

After Win-11 is fully installed make sure that all Win-11 Updates are done and all the Acer OEM outstanding drivers are also installed (look in Device Manager for the Acer AN515-54 page for outstanding drivers) then also install the Intel® Driver & Support Assistant do a scan and make sure that all Intel Win-11 drivers are up to date especially the graphics driver! After that install the latest Win-11 NVIDIA graphics drivers for your AN515-54, as all this is what you should have done so that Win-11 OS runs properly and without any hitches, as just doing an update will give you all these problems.

Also make sure that you go to This PC > C:\ > Disk Cleanup > clean disk first and then "Cleanup system files" to completely delete all unnecessary files including and if the ol.Win10 files are still there, as after all this you should have a clean Win-11 only system as that is what I've done and have had no problems with Win-11 within graphics or games but especially in your AN515-54 that runs the 8th Gen Intel CPU that is the min compatible platform as you should not be having any of these problems.
  • chindureddy
    I have updated using windows 11 update assistant i think after 1st windows 11 stable started showing up
    And my bios is updated already

But acer didnt released win11 drivers for older models right?
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,330 Trailblazer

>>>But acer didnt released win11 drivers for older models right?>>>

Correct. Not yet. I just checked and Win11 updates aren;t there yet. https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/support-product/7964?b=1

Jack E/NJ

• StevenGen

Use the Win-10 drivers that are obsolete in Device Manager that you can't get Win-11 drivers for (which are not many) as allot of the drivers that you have like all the Intel drivers you can update with the Intel® Driver & Support Assistant and the gpu latest NVIDIA Win-11 drivers, which should make your AN515-54 work with Win-11 100% as you don't need most of the Acer OEM drivers. Make sure that you have done a clean install of Win-11 as that is your best solution and not an upgrade from Win-10 to 11 through Windows Update.

• chindureddy

Issue resolved after clean install of win11 os with default drivers+intel driver support assistant