What displays to buy for XF240Q?

Hey everyone,

First... I don't need any guide just pure info please

I'd like to fix my monitor but don't feel like buying a screen from Acer for like 200 €/$... so I've found several used monitors from marketplaces from which I could take out the displays. The only problem is that they are the same (in all regards) but they have different name (?). Like I could just buy a used KG241Q (perfectly fine and for 100 €) and just swap out the displays couldn't I? (they're even made in the same month lol) Same size, same characteristics? I can't really take a look at the compatibility of the ports etc or whether if it will even work so that's why I'm asking over here... otherwise I'd just risk it x)

What's damaged:
btw I've spilled some water so I have 5x2cm of dead pixels, bottom left + I accidentally bumped into it with my PC sideplate so I've got a solid 3 cm crack top right (just the first-protective plate is cracked). Works fine but not so pretty to look at. :/ I'll be fixing it in about a month anyways cause I'm a broke IT vocational high-school graduate... :) So that's another reason why I wouldn't mind just jamming anything that could theoretically work into it :D
Anything else is completely fine 
;) 

Thanks in advance!
Hello from Czechia where Acer support has it's weekend off right now and I'm not even sure they'd approve of this ;):D

Best Answer

Answers