When the Acer Support teams wake up and fix Acer Predator Helios 500 PH517-51

Options
LI78
LI78 Member Posts: 8

Tinkerer

edited July 2022 in Windows 11
When the Acer Support teams wake up and fix Acer Predator Helios 500 - Predator Sense Issue??????

(Thread was edited to add model name to the title)

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,560 Trailblazer
    Options
    Which Helios 500 series do you think has a predator sense issue? For example, PH517-52? Or PH517-61?

Jack E/NJ

• LI78

Tinkerer

edited July 2022
    Options
    Predator PH517-51 sense no work on Windows 11 (21H2).
    all version Installer is no support to install.  

Edited the content to hide sensitive information.
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,779 Trailblazer
    Options
    I don't believe Acer has yet released drivers for Windows 11 support with the PH517-51 models. They will provide a new Predator Sense application when the drivers are ready.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • JackE
    Options

Jack E/NJ

• LI78

Tinkerer

Options
    JackE said:
    No work for me :-(

• JackE
    Options
    Sorry. Just keep checking the Acer download site for the Win11 updates. But we users can't predict exactly when they will be released. Win11 is still a work in progress and it's Microsoft release was obviously pre-mature for many machines and apps that ran fine under Win10.

Jack E/NJ

• Gunraajsingh
    Gunraajsingh Member Posts: 14

Tinkerer

Options
    After the update the model name might have been removed
    same happened to me when i reset my laptop but with help of support i could install it
  • LI78

Tinkerer

Options

Football game again.

Acer kick to Win11 bugs.

Win11 kick back to Acer no update

😡😡😡

• LI78

Tinkerer

Options
  • chris234
    chris234 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

Hi JackE

I tried to follow your guidelines by installing the app from the link you shared but it didn't resolve my problem.

Here is the link that you had recommended.

Should post soon. You just have to keep checking like the rest of us ACER users. Meanwhile, you can try to install the following app to see if it works for you.

https://global-download.acer.com/GDFiles/Application/Predator Sense/Predator Sense_Acer_3.00.3170_20210819_W11x64_A.zip?acerid=637812880438196412&Step1=NOTEBOOK&Step2=PREDATOR&Step3=PREDATOR PH517-52&OS=ALL&LC=en&BC=ACER&SC=PA_6 https://shootthesoccer.com/

• JackE
    Options

This is an old thread. So it's best to start your own new thread by clicking on the ask a question button.

Jack E/NJ

• billsey
    Options

That version isn't for the PH517-51, it's for the PH517-52. Acer doesn't have support yet for Windows 11 on the PH517-51 models. I'm guessing Microsoft is having issues with one or more of the drivers still. Once they get that sorted Acer will release the Windows 11 driver bundle and update Predator Sense for it as well. For now just continue to run Windows 10 on your machine.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • LI78

Tinkerer

Options
  • LI78

Tinkerer

Options

Current issues havnt solve, Open new thread will cause more many same thread make many rubbish comments n unhelp at all.

• billsey
    Options

AS I said earlier, Windows 11 isn't yet supported on the PH517-51 models. Just use Windows 10 until Acer releases a full suite of Windows 11 drivers and apps. Until then trying to run Windows 11 will be problematic, as you found with Predator Sense.

• JackE
    Options

Meanwhile, either try to install them in Win10 compatibility mode or try a few driver freeware tools to see if they can pick up anything that will work running Win11. If nothing works, then you have to keep checking the Acer downloads for Win11 drivers like the rest of us Acer users. It's highly unlikely that anyone on these user forums has any way of finding out when or even if they will appear.

Jack E/NJ