Acer Aspire A515-46 Black Screen

Options
Chicatica
Chicatica Member Posts: 1 New User
Hello
My Acer pc starts, it shows the logo, and then turn BLACK. Keyboard is on, lights on, but BLACK SCREEN after a few seconds logging in.

Please HELP

Answers

• Commodore_1995#
    Options
    What happens when you press fn+f5 and fn+f6?

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Davidsilvasantos
    Davidsilvasantos Member Posts: 6 New User
    Options
    I have the same problem.  Can work with a secondary monitor but the main screen is always black
  • StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,970 Trailblazer
    edited July 2022
    Options
    Chicatica said:
    Hello
    My Acer pc starts, it shows the logo, and then turn BLACK. Keyboard is on, lights on, but BLACK SCREEN after a few seconds logging in.

Please HELP
    First check the LCD EDP Cable/Plug that connects from the screen to the mobo plug and if its damaged or any of its plugs fine wires are not broken and shortening out, as that cord is susceptible to allot of wear and tear when you open and close the laptop over the years? Also it could be the OEM screen (see here for all OEM screens for your laptop Acer ASPIRE 5 A515-46 SERIES Replacement LCD Screens from $65.99issue that needs replacing (see this sites A515-46 laptops screens list below) or its an internal circuitry issue of your laptop. This is a tedious job and a big job as your best/cheapest option is to take your laptop to an an experienced technician who has all the tools to look and test your laptop out and fix it with the right parts (as they guarantee their work) as a consumer like you, could spend allot of time/money on unnecessarily parts that could do nothing to fix your laptop. 

LCD EDP Cable/Plug

All LCD screens for A515-46 

• Jeyam
    Jeyam Member Posts: 348 Seasoned Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Options
    Hi @ Chicatica
    Press and hold power button till machine shuts off. Unplug charger. Insert paperclip into reset pinhole on bottom for about 60 seconds. Plug charger back in but wait for battery charge LED to turn from steady orange to steady blue.