White Light display TravelMate P2(TMP259 - G2-M-36D0

Options
SAM_D
SAM_D Member Posts: 3 New User
edited June 2022 in TravelMate and Extensa
When I shut down and Locked my screen there was a white light on display. What happened and how to fix it. Thank you...

(Thread was edited to add model name to the title)

Best Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,722 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options
    It looks a little like there might be a wire that came come loose at the bottom of the display, allowing the backlight to bleed through. Which Acer model do you have (the model number should be on the same sticker as the SNID and look something like Pxxx-xxx-xxxx)? Is it still in warranty?
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • billsey
    Answer ✓
    Options
    So likely your best bet at this time is to open it up and inspect the display. If the eDP or camera cable has come loose you might be able to just move it back to where it should be and tape it in place. If the layers between the display itself and the glass in front have separated there may be no full solution without replacing the display as a unit, though if the image is not distorted you can just live with it once the cable has been moved.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Answers

• billsey
    Answer ✓
    Options
    It looks a little like there might be a wire that came come loose at the bottom of the display, allowing the backlight to bleed through. Which Acer model do you have (the model number should be on the same sticker as the SNID and look something like Pxxx-xxx-xxxx)? Is it still in warranty?
  • Jeyam
    Jeyam Member Posts: 348 Seasoned Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Options

Hi @ SAM_D 

1. Force-restart your system.
    2. Remove any peripherals that are plugged in through an USB connection.
    3. Go into Safe Mode.
    4. Update graphic drivers.
    5. Apply Windows updates.
    6. Remove a buggy Windows update.
    7. Use Windows System Restore Point.
    8. Run some hardware tests.

• SAM_D
    edited June 2022
    Options
    billsey
    Thank you for your answer. My laptop is TravelMate P2(TMP259 - G2-M-36D0) and my SNID is XXXX . My laptop warranty period was expired.

[Edited the content to hide sensitive information]
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    I think it is related to light bleeding. Maybe this video will help you:
    https://youtu.be/LE7P9WiejG4

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • SAM_D
    Options
    billsey
    Thank you for your answer. My laptop is TravelMate P2(TMP259 - G2-M-36D0) and my SNID is 74811654576. My laptop warranty period was expired.
  • billsey
    Answer ✓
    Options
    So likely your best bet at this time is to open it up and inspect the display. If the eDP or camera cable has come loose you might be able to just move it back to where it should be and tape it in place. If the layers between the display itself and the glass in front have separated there may be no full solution without replacing the display as a unit, though if the image is not distorted you can just live with it once the cable has been moved.