ACER NITRO 5 POWER LIGHT AND CHARGING LIGHT BLINKING

NikRamen
NikRamen Member Posts: 1 New User
I play games with my laptop plugged in but when I boot up certain high graphic games such as Rainbow Six Siege, Apex Legends and Left 4 Dead, my power light and my charging light blinks and I quickly close the game after that happens. What does this mean and is there a fix?

Answers

• AnhEZ28
    AnhEZ28 ACE, Member Posts: 3,717 Pathfinder
    @NikRamen this mean that laptop is not getting enough power from the charger. You can try cleaning the charger head, charging port, plug the charger in a different outlet. The last solution is replacing the charger.
    Please remember to include @AnhEZ28 when you want to reply back to my comment so that I can check your response.
    Thank you and have a nice day!
  • Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Hi @NikRamen,

# Try to get the BIOS page.
    1. Turn OFF the unit.
    ​2. Press and hold the F2 key and turn on the unit. 
    3. You will be in setup utility page. 
    4. Once you got the screen release the F2 key.
    5. Tap on F9 key and hit enter key without changing the option.
    6. Tap on F10 key and hit enter key without changing the option.
    7. Your unit will restart by itself. 

Check this T/S and post the result. ​
  • weww
    weww Member Posts: 2 New User
    edited May 2022
    NikRamen said:
    I play games with my laptop plugged in but when I boot up certain high graphic games such as Rainbow Six Siege, Apex Legends and Left 4 Dead, my power light and my charging light blinks and I quickly close the game after that happens. What does this mean and is there a fix?
    We have the same problem. When I play high performance games the power and charging light are constantly blinking and laptop performance/fps will drop. Changing the charger works for you or there is anything else to fix it?
  • weww
    weww Member Posts: 2 New User
    edited May 2022
    I have a problem with my nitro 5. When I play high performance games the power and charging light are constantly blinking and laptop performance/fps will drop. Is there anything way to fix it?
  • AnhEZ28
    AnhEZ28 ACE, Member Posts: 3,717 Pathfinder
    @weww did you try to replace the charger?
    Please remember to include @AnhEZ28 when you want to reply back to my comment so that I can check your response.
    Thank you and have a nice day!
  • Barry087
    Barry087 Member Posts: 1 New User
    I have an acer nitro 5. This doesn't happen too often like not everyday but my laptop screen starts blinking. It has happened before and happened today too. I was just playing genshin impact, had a couple of pages open on chrome and was talking to a friend on discord. The laptop was hot and I mean like really hot and my battery was at around 15 percent so I plugged it in and the charging light was blinking which I noticed at 13 percent. I plugged it out then back in nothing happened and after that the screen just started blinking. Even now it is blinking. Please tell me the solution to 2 problems.
    1. How do the keep it cool?
    2. What should I do about this blinking? 
  • FrameMuse
    FrameMuse Member Posts: 1 New User
    I thought it through and the reason we got the batter light blinking is that we're trying to play heavy games and charging battery at the same time, which will lead to a lack of power (power will be consumed for charging and carrying games).

Try to charge your batter at maximum and then play, if it still happens and happens constantly, then it may be a problem with your charger, connector or electricity in your house.
  • mosh
    mosh Member Posts: 1 New User

@NikRamenplease I'm having the same issue, where you able to resolve the issue? If so, please whats the solution?